No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fkrueger
    replied
    I also think that SEQanswers is an incredibly useful knowledgebase all around NGS and its bioinformatics applications. I especially love its instantaneous character and the (usually) extremely short reaction times of experts and developers in the fields to all sorts of questions, ranging from biological questions to discussion/usage of various bioinformatic tools to bug reports or feature requests. For many questions I have and had in the past, SEQanswers has become my first port of call to look for solutions or help.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Originally posted by andreas.sjodin View Post
    I also think we should aim to keep it short and that it is a great idea. At least if we are going for a letter. An alternative would to write a more extensive "application note" describing the features but that would require much more work.
    That's what I was thinking too... anyone know the guidelines for 'letters' to Science or Nature? Lets stick to one guideline or the other.

Leave a comment:

• maubp
    replied
    Also, is it worth thinking about an option for real names in forum profiles at this point?

Leave a comment:

• maubp
    replied
    OK, I've added a bit of text along those lines.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• marcowanger
    replied
    Originally posted by maubp View Post
    Do we want to mention that SeqAnswers also acts as a useful forum for helping users with problems using NGS tools (sometimes leading to useful bug reports for the tool developers)? Or would that just encourage more of this - which wouldn't be such a bad thing except it can drown out other more important threads, like file format changes etc.
    Maubp, you raised an important point. Helping users with tools selection and bug report and improvement is an important "function" of this forum(IMO). In fact we. have written a bit in the introduction part, maybe we need to stress it more.

Leave a comment:

• ulz_peter
    replied
    I think thats a good idea, as most of the threads in Seqanswers are indeed related to usage questions

Leave a comment:

• maubp
    replied
    Do we want to mention that SeqAnswers also acts as a useful forum for helping users with problems using NGS tools (sometimes leading to useful bug reports for the tool developers)? Or would that just encourage more of this - which wouldn't be such a bad thing except it can drown out other more important threads, like file format changes etc.

Leave a comment:

• andreas.sjodin
    replied
    I also think we should aim to keep it short and that it is a great idea. At least if we are going for a letter. An alternative would to write a more extensive "application note" describing the features but that would require much more work.

Leave a comment:

• ulz_peter
    replied
    Publishing SeqAnswers for being able to cite it "formally" is a great idea.
    I second the opinion of marcowanger to keep it quite short.

Leave a comment:

• marcowanger
    replied
    How long will we aim?

Personally, I think we should keep it short.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    started a topic Time to publish SEQanswers?

Time to publish SEQanswers?

During the review of the SEQwiki paper, an important point was raised by the reviewers: the SEQanswers forum has yet to be published, and deserves a good publication.

Why don't we write a letter to Science or Nature about SEQanswers?

The project has already been 'informally' cited dozens of times in the literature, so why not write a nice summary for everyone to cite?

The proposal is to use the wiki to collaboratively draft a letter to Science or Nature (see: wiki:Publication/Letter_for_SEQanswers), with each contributor adding their name to the paper. The final list of authors will be ranked according to (democratically determined) contribution to the final text.

Please contribute (and sign the letter) here!

Meta paper discussion should stay on this thread (wiki sucks for discussion).

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
    by seqadmin

While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
    06-06-2024, 07:15 AM
  • seqadmin
    Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
    by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
    “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
    05-24-2024, 01:16 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 06-07-2024, 06:58 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 06-06-2024, 08:18 AM
0 responses