No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low percent alignment - Hiseq

Hi All,

I just got my first batch of HiSeq data, but it seems not so good. We are aiming at collecting 3' junction information from Arabidopsis cells, and there's 99% of my raw reads including polyT. However, the sequences after trimming off the polyT residues turns out to be very low in quality (see the attached image) and only 13% can be mapped to the genome.
    Since we are constructing this library from very low amount of cells, we did the first RT with T7-oligo dT primer and applied T7 in vitro transcription to obtain enough amount aRNA for following cDNA library construction. We sheared the aRNA in the RT buffer at 94C for 6min and then did adaptor ligation.
    I am now wondering why the low percent alignment due to the experimental / library construction steps, or just sequencing problem? I'm planning to retry the T7 and RNA shearing steps to increase the length / detect sequences of insert part (although we did small-scale sequencing and QC for this library). I'm guessing it might get a better align rate if we increase the length of insert. Anyone has good suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

I don't really have any suggestions for library prep or insight into why the quality is low, but you should get a higher mapping rate with BBMap as it's geared toward extremely low quality reads.

The defaults should be fine, but you can get a higher mapping rate with these flags:
    "k=12 minratio=0.3 slow maxindel=4000 local"

-Brian

Comment

There is not enough info on library prep method after fragmenting aRNA to work out posssible causes.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
        There is not enough info on library prep method after fragmenting aRNA to work out posssible causes.
        Yeah, that's exactly my concern. I don't know how to optimize this. Just total blind guess...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:03 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
        0 responses