Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ea11
    Member
    • Jun 2015
    • 36

    #1

    RNA-seq data analysis problems

    Hi,

    I am currently struggling with analysing my RNA-seq data. We have RNA-seq data from a variety of patients and we want to look at genes that change in expression with respect to variable such as fatmass, muscle mass, weight, etc. Variable all of which are continuous.

    I have previously used edgeR to analyse RNA-seq data, but the data I had was divided into two groups, obese and lean, and I could determine differentially expressed genes between the two groups.

    I have looked at edgeR's glm function, but as I am not very familiar with stats, I am struggling to understand it and whether it would be useful in the analysis I want to carry out. So we want to do something similar to linear regression in R and look at whether the expression of genes decreases/increases with an increase/decrease in the different variables (e.g. weight).

    Does anyone have any experience in this and able to help me out?
    Thanks
    Elie

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
0 responses
11 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...