Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • akolman
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 7

    #1

    GEOquery error message

    Hello,

    I am using Windows 7 and R 2.12.2

    When I try to run these two lines I get the following error from getGEO

    library(GEOquery)
    GSE7562 <- getGEO("GSE7562")

    Found 1 file(s) GSE7562_series_matrix.txt.gz Error in file(con, "r") : cannot open the connection In addition: Warning messages: 1: In download.file(sprintf("ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/geo/DATA/SeriesMatrix/%s/%s", : download had nonzero exit status 2: In file(con, "r") : cannot open file 'C:\Users\APD\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmptmeDAb/GSE7562_series_matrix.txt.gz': No such file or directory

    Am I missing something to get GEOquery working?

    Thanks in advance,
  • maubp
    Peter (Biopython etc)
    • Jul 2009
    • 1544

    #2
    Can you get to this file manually, e.g. in your browser:
    ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/geo/DATA/..._matrix.txt.gz

    That is what I believe geoquery is trying to download. Its about 2.5MB so quite small. I'm finding the FTP site works but is a bit slow....

    Comment

    • akolman
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 7

      #3
      Thanks. I downloaded the file but I still have the same error. Then, I went to the GEO Accession viewer and downloaded the file in .soft format. That seems to work. I would be a little disappointed if I have to these all the time.

      Comment

      • maubp
        Peter (Biopython etc)
        • Jul 2009
        • 1544

        #4
        What version of geoquery do you have? I notice your R is a little out of date.

        Comment

        • akolman
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 7

          #5
          I have version 2.17.5

          Comment

          • maubp
            Peter (Biopython etc)
            • Jul 2009
            • 1544

            #6
            The current version is geoquery 2.18.0, that might fix this...

            Comment

            • akolman
              Junior Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 7

              #7
              This is somewhat unrelated. How can I update R and without losing all the packages I have installed?

              I tried installing the newer version of GEOquery but it does work with my current R version.

              Comment

              • maubp
                Peter (Biopython etc)
                • Jul 2009
                • 1544

                #8
                Originally posted by akolman View Post
                This is somewhat unrelated. How can I update R and without losing all the packages I have installed?
                I don't think you can - the R API is likely to change between major releases. There might be a neat way to get a list of all the installed libraries, to make re-installing the same set easier - they can be installed via the R command line as well as via the R GUI.
                Originally posted by akolman View Post
                I tried installing the newer version of GEOquery but it does work with my current R version.
                Try asking Sean Davis directly about this error. Also, if it was a network problem, it might go away on its own - have you re-tried at a different time of day?

                Comment

                • akolman
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 7

                  #9
                  I updated R and installed the newest version of GEOquery, and I still get the same error message. Anyway, I think I can get away not using the getGEO function to download the files.

                  Comment

                  Latest Articles

                  Collapse

                  • SEQadmin2
                    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                    by SEQadmin2


                    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                    ...
                    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
                  • SEQadmin2
                    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                    by SEQadmin2




                    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                  ad_right_rmr

                  Collapse

                  News

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
                  0 responses
                  13 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post SEQadmin2  
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                  0 responses
                  37 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post SEQadmin2  
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                  0 responses
                  28 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post SEQadmin2  
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                  1 response
                  48 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post pekgio
                  by pekgio
                   
                  Working...