No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedgraph file upload in UCSC browser - error

Hi all,

I am trying to upload BedGraph file of size (390MB) in UCSC genome browser but, its giving the error:

Error 500: Internal Server Error

The page you requested resulted in a server problem on our systems.

We hate this type of error immensely and we're sure that you do as well. While we have logged it and rapidly pursue any problems on our systems, sometimes extra information from the user can pinpoint the cause of the problem for us and help us prevent it in the future. If you have information that you would like to provide about what led to the error, please email us at [email protected].

If you are unable to access commonly-used features on our website, it is possible that you may need to reset your Genome Browser with the following URL: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/cartReset. This will replace your stored settings with the default configuration and will return your Browser to the state it was in when you first accessed it.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I also tried to upload BedGraph file of size 605MB and its giving the error as:

"Can't read file"

Is this because of the size of the file?? Is there any file size limit for Bedgraph file visualization in UCSC genome broswer?

Max file size for uploading to UCSC is 500MB although I think it gives you a specific error saying the file is too big so not sure if that is the issue or not. What if you try uploading a really small file like 10MB just to test?

Comment

Yes it works with the smaller file without any error.

I also observed that, eventhough it gives the error for larger file, :
      Error 500: Internal Server Error

The page you requested resulted in a server problem on our systems.
      We apologize for the inconvenience.

When I open the custom tracks, the track to which it gave the above error is already in there . I checked the number items in the custom track and the number of lines in the file, its the same!

I wonder why it gave the error and still could show the custom track. Am wondering how far is it reliable....
      Last edited by anagari; 06-09-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I also tried with another file (.gz 205MB). It gave the same error and this time there is no track.

I agree with you Biznatch that if it is the size issue, it should specify it clearly.. I am still not able to figure out what the problem is..

Comment

I would like to see a bedgraph ~120MB on UCSC GB.

I have uploaded the bedgraph file to my ftp account, how should I formulate the submission?

The following does not work
          track type=bedGraph name="set11SortedBEDGRAPH" bigDataUrl=http://athens-recycling.com/elenaproject/elenabambai/set11.bedgraph

I have produced this bedgraph file by "genomeCoverageBed -bg -ibam" on a sorted bam file.

Comment

bedgraph isn't a binary file and can't be accessed from an ftp site like that, the entire file must be uploaded to the UCSC browser either directly from your computer or from an ftp site. To upload it from your ftp site just paste in the link to the file into the Add Custom Tracks box where it says "Paste URLs or data". Alternatively, convert the bedgraph to a bigbed file which is a binary file and can be accessed from an ftp site using the bigDataUrl format.
            Last edited by biznatch; 12-13-2011, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Has anyone seen an error like this:

Warning/Error(s):

Can't start query:
              select genome from dbDb where name = 'hg19'
              mySQL error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I'm trying to upload a bedGraph.gz 283MB to UCSC

head hESC.bedgraph

track type=bedGraph name=hESC
              chr1 14388 14398 1
              chr1 14398 14402 2
              chr1 14402 14438 3
              chr1 14438 14448 2
              chr1 14448 14452 1
              chr1 14586 14636 1
              chr1 14702 14703 1
              chr1 14703 14705 2
              chr1 14705 14712 3

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses