No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuffdiff Output Explanation

Hi all,

While trying to understand the output of the cuffdiff command I decided to create an image of what I believe cuffdiff is measuring. I wanted to share this image in case others had similar questions:

What Cuffdiff Measures

Feel free to comment on whether it is wrong or not. I am pretty sure I probably missed or misinterpreted something.

Hi- thanks for this fongchun. Once we are at it, a while ago I also made a diagram to visualize how the various output files from cuffdiff/cuffcompare relate to each other. See attached picture.

Big disclaimer: I haven't double checked whether it is entirely correct. It is deliberately not complete.

Any and all comments welcome.

Dario
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much fongchun for that image! Its very useful

Comment

You're welcome. Glad it was helpful!

Comment

I've updated the image (v2) to fix some errors in the biology and simplified it a bit. Enjoy!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses