You will have to forgive me but I know very little about Linux and python, I have installed MIRA in order to assemble 454 reads and Illumina reads from a couple of bacterial genomes. However, before I can run MIRA with 454 reads I need to remove the adaptor sequence, so they suggest using sff_extract. I went to the website http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/sff_extract/index.html, but when I click on the download link it just gives me the line code for the program. I do not know what to do with this code in order to get the program loaded, so that I can trim my sequences for MIRA. I also do not have access to the sfftools that come with the 454/Roche software package as the sequencing was outsourced to a company and they claim not to know what I'm talking about when I ask for them. Any help would be very much appreciated, I appreciated everyone's help answering my stupid questions. Thank you in advance.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
7 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Today, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
53 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment