Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • polarise
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 13

    #1

    Cufflinks Multithreading Not Working

    Hi,

    My Cufflinks installations (v.1.0.1 and v.1.0.3) do not respond to the -p <int> argument. How may I resolve this?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Regards,

    PK
  • Thomas Doktor
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 105

    #2
    How do you know they're not responding to the -p option?
    Do they output an error message or are you checking the use of multiple CPU's by the top command? What was the exact command you used?

    Comment

    • polarise
      Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 13

      #3
      Originally posted by Thomas Doktor View Post
      How do you know they're not responding to the -p option?
      Do they output an error message or are you checking the use of multiple CPU's by the top command? What was the exact command you used?
      When the -p option was working as I think it should running Cufflinks took much shorter than it does. Also, the output would show that multiple chromosomes were being processed simultaneously. I have no recollection of whether there were multiple instances of Cufflinks shown in the table of process when it had worked in a previous version but presently I only have one such instance running at close to 100% even when I set -p 10.

      No output error is given. The computation is OK albeit slow.

      The exact command I used/I am using is:
      Code:
      cufflinks -o <dir> -G <GTF> -p 10 -u <bamfile>
      Thanks for your assistance.

      PK
      Last edited by polarise; 08-08-2011, 07:18 AM.

      Comment

      • goudurix
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 6

        #4
        Dear all,
        I run into the same problem. I have compiled cufflinks from source (and also tested with the binary version provided from the web site). I'm using cufflinks v1.3.0 and on a machine equipped with 2 Intel Xeon X5650 Processor (2.66GHz, 6C, 12M Cache, 6.40 GT/s QPI, 95W TDP, Turbo, HT). I'm using cufflinks with the following command.

        Code:
        cufflinks  -o cufflinks-g  -p 8 myDataset.bam  -g mm9.gtf
        Any help would be really appreciated.
        Thanks

        Comment

        • Gabriele Zoppoli
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 2

          #5
          problem with multithreading CuffLinks

          Dear all,

          did anybodody solve this issue? I notice from htop that only one core is indeed used...

          I'm working with a dual core Intel® Xeon(R) CPU E5430 @ 2.66GHz × 8 workstation but the -p 8 (or any other number like 4) doesn't seem to make more than one physical CPU working, which is hideously slow...

          Comment

          • gesdys
            Junior Member
            • Jun 2013
            • 5

            #6
            same problem here, only one core used and only sporadically 2.
            it takes forever to analyze anything...

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Today, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            24 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            45 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
            1 response
            55 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...