So, I'm working with a several bacterial genomes, and I'm learning bioinformatics as I work, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. My genomes have a lot of repeat sequences (for a prokaryotic genome) that are really the last elements to place into the genome, however I want to make sure that I assemble everything correctly. Thus, my question is how do you make sure that repeat sequences are placed correctly in the genome. Is the best way to PCR out from the repeat sequences and see where the different sequences belong, or are there other easier and quicker ways to accomplish this goal. Basically, what is the fastest and most accurate way to determine the location of the repeat sequences. Sorry again if this is an dumb question, but I don't know that much about genome sequencing and bioinformatics and I'm having to learn a lot from everyone here. Thanks
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|