Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • frymor
    replied
    Originally posted by Seq84 View Post
    If you want to have a specific coverage (of exons) for each gene you can provide an interval list with custom coordinates of the exons of your gene.
    Hi,

    is it also possible to use the GRanges object from the R package GenomicRanges as an interval list of exons/gernes?

    Thanks

    A.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seq84
    replied
    Originally posted by m_elena_bioinfo View Post
    You are right, we are performing the same analysis.
    Ok, I'm already using the depth coverage v3.
    As interval list what do you use?
    I have a whole exome. Can I use the bed file?
    How can i select the specific gene for calculate the coverage in each single exon?

    Thanks a lot again!!!!
    :-)
    Yes sure you can use the .bed file. You should have a .bed file with all targeted regions (exons regions). Set in depthofcoverage the option -L exons.bed.
    If you want to have a specific coverage (of exons) for each gene you can provide an interval list with custom coordinates of the exons of your gene.

    Instead if you want only the coverage of all genes use the option -genelist.

    Leave a comment:


  • svl
    replied
    I'm still looking at an efficient way to do this too. I use samtools view and perl to create a table for each sample (.bam) with for each region (so in this case exon coordinates):

    - average coverage in region
    - percentage bases covered by at least 1
    - percentage bases covered by at least 5
    - etc

    But still searching for a way to store this efficiently while being able to compare it between any sample (whether whole-exome or any other capture design). If you do it for each exon, there's around 600.000 of them to calculate the stats for..

    Leave a comment:


  • m_elena_bioinfo
    replied
    You are right, we are performing the same analysis.
    Ok, I'm already using the depth coverage v3.
    As interval list what do you use?
    I have a whole exome. Can I use the bed file?
    How can i select the specific gene for calculate the coverage in each single exon?

    Thanks a lot again!!!!
    :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • raonyguimaraes
    replied
    So I guess we are trying to do the same analysis

    I think, you don't need rod files anymore, you should use VCF files instead

    To calculate the depth of coverage:

    http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wi..._Coverage_v3.0

    You will need:

    -R /path/to/your/reference.fasta
    -I /path/to/your/bam_file.bam
    -o /path/to/your/output_file

    And the intervals ...

    -L /path/to/your/intervals.interval_list

    Leave a comment:


  • m_elena_bioinfo
    replied
    thanks a lot.
    I have to generate rod file for depth coverage in all exon of all genes in a whole-exome bam file (according to http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wi...It_Was_Created instruction).
    Any idea about fix this problem?

    Leave a comment:


  • raonyguimaraes
    replied
    Yes I know where you can get, the problem is that it's not public yet

    Leave a comment:


  • m_elena_bioinfo
    started a topic gatk python script

    gatk python script

    Hi NGS users,
    anyone could say me where i can find the python script of GATK (ConvertTableToAnnotatorRod.py, GenerateTranscriptToInfo.py...)?

    Thanks a lot,
    ME

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
22 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
22 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...