Seqanswers Leaderboard Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • an error when run cufflinks

    When i run cufflinks, the error occurs:

    cufflinks: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_thread.so.1.47.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

    it may be the problem from the install of boost C++.

    So, can someone help me to solve this?

  • #2
    I had the same issue and I solved it by adding the lib path:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

    But before this make sure you have installed Boost:


    Also, while I was installing Boost I also had this error, which I didn't know how to solve it but for the moment I just removed that parameter from the command:

    boost_1_47_0]$ bjam --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64 link=static runtime-link=static stage install
    /home/code/IMPORT/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:328: in validate1 from module property
    error: Invalid property '<address_model>64': unknown feature 'address_model'.

    Comment


    • #3
      try this:
      locate libboost | grep t_thread.so.1
      find the library location and then add the path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH by the following script:
      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/your/libboost/absolute/path/to/file

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bio_student View Post
        I had the same issue and I solved it by adding the lib path:
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

        But before this make sure you have installed Boost:


        Also, while I was installing Boost I also had this error, which I didn't know how to solve it but for the moment I just removed that parameter from the command:

        boost_1_47_0]$ bjam --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64 link=static runtime-link=static stage install
        /home/code/IMPORT/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:328: in validate1 from module property
        error: Invalid property '<address_model>64': unknown feature 'address_model'.
        Thanks a lot. The error resolved but the command export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
        must be entered before running > cufflinks.
        Is there a way to rectify it.?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vasubioinfo View Post
          Thanks a lot. The error resolved but the command export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
          must be entered before running > cufflinks.
          Is there a way to rectify it.?
          Depending on the default shell you are using that command can be added to either the .profile or .bashrc file in your $HOME.

          Comment


          • #6
            Can you please explain

            Respected Sir,
            Can you please explain what you have posted ? How to know which is our default shell and run the command.

            Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            Depending on the default shell you are using that command can be added to either the .profile or .bashrc file in your $HOME.
            Thank you.

            Comment


            • #7
              What is the output of the following command? This will tell us what shell you are using.

              Code:
              echo $SHELL

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • seqadmin
                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                by seqadmin



                Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM
              • seqadmin
                Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
                by seqadmin


                New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

                A major leap in the field has
                ...
                02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:12 AM
              0 responses
              17 views
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM
              0 responses
              67 views
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 02-21-2024, 08:52 AM
              0 responses
              73 views
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 02-20-2024, 08:57 AM
              0 responses
              62 views
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Working...
              X