Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vilhelm84
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 4

    #1

    SAMtools VIM error

    Howdy,
    I am currently in the midst of my first deep-seq analysis. I am trying to pull my sequence variants out of my tophat alignment, however, the command I am using in samtools is not working and I am not sure why.

    : samtools mpileup -uf fasta.fa accepted_hits.bam | view -bcg - > var.raw.bcf

    This command line gives me this error:

    Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal

    and my terminal is locked up and I have to ctrl-z to get out. It seems the problem is the "-" command, but when I try to run this without that I get two errors:

    Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal
    Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal

    My next step would be to pipe the .bcf file to vcfutils and filter to make a .vcf file and analyze from there but I am having trouble figuring out exactly what is wrong with the first step...any help?
  • nilshomer
    Nils Homer
    • Nov 2008
    • 1283

    #2
    Try:
    samtools mpileup -uf fasta.fa accepted_hits.bam | bcftools view -bcg - > var.raw.bcf

    Comment

    • Vilhelm84
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 4

      #3
      Thanks, however I now get the error:
      -bash: bcftools: command not found
      I saw your previous thread regarding this and it seems that I need to recompile. I will do that and try again.

      Comment

      • nilshomer
        Nils Homer
        • Nov 2008
        • 1283

        #4
        bcftools comes with samtools.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        7 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        31 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        26 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        47 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...