X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zebrafisch
    replied
    Originally posted by jtladner View Post
    I am trying to do the exact same thing and I do have @RG tags, but I can not find a download link for SplitBam. Does anyone know how to download this program?

Jason

splitBam is part of the bamUtil package, which i found it here https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science and it was very easy to download it.

Leave a comment:

• kmcarr
    replied
    Originally posted by danielsbrewer View Post
    SplitBam looks ideal, but I can't find a download link for it. Any ideas?

And thanks for the other suggestion too, that makes a lot of sense.

--EDIT--
    Actually it looks like there are no @RG in the headers ... Oh Dear.
    Originally posted by jtladner View Post
    I am trying to do the exact same thing and I do have @RG tags, but I can not find a download link for SplitBam. Does anyone know how to download this program?

Jason
    Go here and either follow the instructions for retrieving the current development release from the source repository or download the tarball for the latest stable realese (0.1.4). Note that either way you are downloading the entire libStatGen toolkit, which you must then compile. SplitBam is merely one of the programs in the toolkit.

Leave a comment:

• jtladner
    replied
    SplitBam download link?

Jason

Leave a comment:

• danielsbrewer
    replied
    SplitBam looks ideal, but I can't find a download link for it. Any ideas?

And thanks for the other suggestion too, that makes a lot of sense.

--EDIT--
    Actually it looks like there are no @RG in the headers ... Oh Dear.
    Last edited by danielsbrewer; 09-29-2011, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chipper
    replied
    If the lane info is stored in RG tags you can use this: http://genome.sph.umich.edu/wiki/SplitBam

Leave a comment:

• gringer
    replied
    When I did this a few days ago (with only knowledge of command-line stuff and samtools), here's a rough guide to what I did:
    1. Extract header from BAM file
      Code:
      samtools view -H infile.bam > header.sam
    2. filter out lanes from BAM file, add header
      Code:
      (cat header.sam; samtools view infile.bam | grep '^DATA...._<lane>_.') > out_lane<lane>.sam
    3. convert SAM to BAM
      Code:
      samtools view -S out_lane<lane>.sam -b > out_lane<lane>.bam

There's probably some better way, but it would have taken longer for me to find than for me to just do it and deal with the additional overhead of storing temporary SAM files per lane.

Leave a comment:

• Convert merged BAM back to per lane BAM or FASTQ file

I have got some illumina data in a a merged BAM file for a particular sample and I would like to convert it back to per lane data files (BAM or fastq) so it would be compatible with the analysis pipeline. Any ideas on the best way to do this?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Developments in Metagenomics
    by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
    09-23-2024, 06:35 AM
  • seqadmin
    Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
    by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
    09-09-2024, 10:59 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 10-02-2024, 04:51 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
0 responses