Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dbrami
    Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 14

    #1

    Scaffolder help

    Hi folks,

    I am trying to scaffold some sequences I have in a 'contigs.fasta' file.
    The contigs range in size from 1k to 37k.
    I have tried using the scaffolding portion of the SOAPdeNovo; it can't seem to map any of my reads back to my assembly, so this doesn't work.

    I have tried using BAMBUS2 but it is telling me "No library account found in bank XYZ". I would have loved to use its option of using a closely related sequence for scaffolding...

    Finally, I have tried SSPACE. It mapped a very small portion of reads and extended another few contigs, but there has been no real progress made with this one, but at least it completed.

    Oddly enough, a BWA mapping of my reads to contigs shows a beautiful and deep coverage almost everywhere. Ideally, I would have substituted the Bowtie alignments from SSPACE for my SAM/BAM file but I don't have access to the premium version of SSPACE.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • boetsie
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 245

    #2
    Hi dbrami,

    what is the type of the sequences you have? Paired-end? And what size?

    Did you try to map the sequences yourself using Bowtie?

    Regards,
    Boetsie

    Originally posted by dbrami View Post
    Hi folks,

    I am trying to scaffold some sequences I have in a 'contigs.fasta' file.
    The contigs range in size from 1k to 37k.
    I have tried using the scaffolding portion of the SOAPdeNovo; it can't seem to map any of my reads back to my assembly, so this doesn't work.

    I have tried using BAMBUS2 but it is telling me "No library account found in bank XYZ". I would have loved to use its option of using a closely related sequence for scaffolding...

    Finally, I have tried SSPACE. It mapped a very small portion of reads and extended another few contigs, but there has been no real progress made with this one, but at least it completed.

    Oddly enough, a BWA mapping of my reads to contigs shows a beautiful and deep coverage almost everywhere. Ideally, I would have substituted the Bowtie alignments from SSPACE for my SAM/BAM file but I don't have access to the premium version of SSPACE.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      Today, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    27 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    24 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    45 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
    1 response
    55 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...