Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • andreitudor
    Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 21

    #1

    Bioinformatics libraries for C++

    Hello,

    I was wondering if it would interest the community a well maintained and accurate bioinformatics library for C++. I am thinking of starting a project like this, but I would like to know if there will be people that would be interested in using something like this.
    I was thinking creating something like bioperl or all the other bio parts of the scripting languages, but for c++.

    Andrei
    4
    Yes!
    50.00%
    2
    No!
    50.00%
    2

    The poll is expired.

  • Bukowski
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 388

    #2
    Originally posted by andreitudor View Post
    Hello,

    I was wondering if it would interest the community a well maintained and accurate bioinformatics library for C++. I am thinking of starting a project like this, but I would like to know if there will be people that would be interested in using something like this.
    I was thinking creating something like bioperl or all the other bio parts of the scripting languages, but for c++.

    Andrei
    You might be interested at this thread at BioStar:

    http://biostar.stackexchange.com/que...bioinformatics

    Comment

    • maubp
      Peter (Biopython etc)
      • Jul 2009
      • 1544

      #3
      Sounds a bit like BioLIB,


      and Bio++,


      or one of the many other efforts mentioned on that BioStar discussion Bukowski linked to.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      45 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...