Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wudai
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 1

    #1

    compiling peakseq

    I have been trying to compile peakseq 1.1 (http://info.gersteinlab.org/PeakSeq) however I get an error:
    $make
    ...
    src/genomics/chip_seq/peak_selector/peakseq.cpp:67:54: error: ‘strlen’ was not declared in this scope
    src/genomics/chip_seq/peak_selector/peakseq.cpp:68:38: error: ‘strcpy’ was not declared in this scope
    ...
    after adding in #include <string.h> to peakseq.cpp I get the following error:
    ...
    src/lib/utils/ansi_string/ansi_string.cpp:122:34: error: ‘memset’ was not declared in this scope
    src/lib/utils/ansi_string/ansi_string.cpp: In static member function ‘static void t_string::replace_avoid_list(char*, char*, char)’:
    src/lib/utils/ansi_string/ansi_string.cpp:262:44: error: ‘memset’ was not declared in this scope
    ...
    I was tempted to add <string.h> to ansi_string.cpp but i noticed a comment saying not to add it.

    Thus, I was wondering if anyone had sucess compiling peakseq without modifying the files.

    I am using gcc version 4.5.2 on ubuntu 11.04
  • epi
    Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 38

    #2
    Same thing here.

    Any suggestions folks

    Comment

    • Mirrian
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 1

      #3
      You have to add "#include <string.h>" in the beginning of following two files and make again.

      src/genomics/chip_seq/peak_selector/peakseq.cpp and
      src/lib/utils/ansi_string/ansi_string.cpp

      Mirrian

      Comment

      • AL_B
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 5

        #4
        compilation of PeakSeq

        I added to ansi_string.cpp and peakseq.cpp
        #include<cstring>
        and it worked (fixed the problem of strcpy and memset)

        Comment

        • maxUlysse
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2014
          • 2

          #5
          I think it's better to add
          #include<cstring>
          than
          #include <string.h>
          in src/genomics/chip_seq/peak_selector/peakseq.cpp and
          src/lib/utils/ansi_string/ansi_string.cpp
          Because, it's says clearly in ansi_string.cpp that string.h should do not be added.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Today, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          27 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          24 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...