Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .BAM file wonky after SMRA?

Sorry, title is wrong - make that SRMA...

I am trying to perform local realignment on a couple of BAM alignment files. I got stuck with GATK and tried SRMA - seems more intuitive and easier to use. However, the output BAM files I have gotten appear to be 'broken' - I think because of quality scores?

Here's what I did:
    java -Xmx2048m -jar /usr/local/bin/srma/srma-0.1.15.jar I=G502sorted.bam O=G502realigned.bam R=LASV096/Mosaik/reference.fasta

samtools index G502realigned.bam

The programs complete successfully, but the resultant .bam file can't be read by FastQC and when I try to import it into Geneious I get a 'phred score above 102' error. Did SMRA somehow change my quality scores? Any way I can correct for this? I can open up the file in Tablet and it has been realigned, but I can see quality scores, etc. in Tablet.

Thanks

I also found another funky thing. In one of the regions where the alignment was refined, some of the reads before the 'break point' are now no longer aligned correctly. Here's an image from IGV (realigned on top):

The incorrectly aligned read to the right of the SNP should have been realigned and the two reads to the left shouldn't have been touched at all. Any thoughts as to how I can control this?

Still trying to get the first issue resolved as well...

Comment

If you could give a small test case for the quality out of range I can debug.

I assume you are re-aligning SOLiD reads? If you could extract the reads in that region I can try to debug that too.

Comment

Hi nils,

Sorry, I'm aligning illumina reads, not SOLiD. The BAM files are very small so I'm just going to attach the files:

http://cl.ly/42261j1z1L3d3R022S0A

Any thoughts on the realignment issue?

Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Could you also send the reference? I don't have that one...

Comment

Yes - sorry.

http://cl.ly/0Q2Z2a1U3p403u0N3g1f

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses