Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic vcf

Does anyone have a VCF formatted file for the COSMIC database, or do I need to spend some time to write one?

I'm looking for a tool to do the conversion (COSMIC to VCF). Did you come up with any?

Comment

I suspect that this is going to be one of those 'everyone rolls their own' situation. I really wish they would just release COSMIC in VCF format..

Comment

In a developmental tool by GATK, one of the input files is a cosmic vcf see here https://confluence.broadinstitute.or...GATools/MuTect. I just emailed the group to find out where to download this file. I'll post if I here anything back.

Comment

Yes I'm aware that exists, but I'm not sure I can use it within the terms of the licence agreement for MuTect access

Comment

We generated a conversion script to so I could use GATK annotator to mark cosmic positions in a VCF. I can post the file on my site (http://www.keatslab.org/resources/ngs-tools/ngs-scripts). You are free to use it. It works in my hands though I didn't line by line verify that no mutations were skipped.
            Last edited by Jon_Keats; 02-09-2012, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks John. Do you know if it uses only the positional information for annotation or the position combined with the type/alternate of variant?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Keats View Post
                We generated a conversion script to so I could use GATK annotator to mark cosmic positions in a VCF. I can post the file on my site (www.keatslab.org). You are free to use it. It works in my hands though I didn't line by line verify that no mutations were skipped.
                That would be quite awesome Jon - thanks!

Comment

It's up at the update link now. For GATK annotator is only use the position information not coding changes. In my pipeline we annotate the VCF then use SNPeff to call coding changes. No sense annotating the coding changes when SNPeff redoes it each time in 1-2 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Keats View Post
                    It's up at the update link now. For GATK annotator is only use the position information not coding changes. In my pipeline we annotate the VCF then use SNPeff to call coding changes. No sense annotating the coding changes when SNPeff redoes it each time in 1-2 minutes
                    Hi Jon,

Can you upload v59 COSMIC in .vcf format?
                    Or how to go about making one, if I have the cosmic mutant export file from sanger..
                    I am a biologist and "rolling my own" won't be too easy..

Thank you.

Shyam.
                    Last edited by shyam_la; 06-21-2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses