Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

Upload .bam file to Galaxy, display on UCSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload .bam file to Galaxy, display on UCSC

The .bigwig files I make and upload to Galaxy get a "Display on UCSC browser" link. Another person in my lab made .bam files from Tophat using Galaxy and also has the Display on UCSC link. When I make .bam files on my own computer and upload them to Galaxy there's no Display on UCSC link. How can I display .bam files that I make myself (from Tophat) and upload to Galaxy on the UCSC browser? I tried uploading a .bai file as well but that didn't help.

may be transfer .bam to .bed
    (tool available in Galaxy)
    and then display .bed?

Comment

The .bam files are up to 10 GB so a bed file would be huge, so would take a long time to upload and only small portions could be displayed at a time (500MB upload limit to UCSC). I could ultimately make a .bigbed file which I assume could be displayed from Galaxy to UCSC as I had no problems with .bigwig files but the idea is to have a relatively quick way to visualize the Tophat output in the UCSC browser.

Comment

My guess is that Galaxy is not recognizing it as a BAM file (in which case change the datatype), or it is not sorted, in which case try sorting it. I think. :-)

Could also post to galaxy-user list. Subscribe here: http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-user

Comment

Working...
        X