Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tnabtaf
    replied
    My guess is that Galaxy is not recognizing it as a BAM file (in which case change the datatype), or it is not sorted, in which case try sorting it. I think. :-)

    Could also post to galaxy-user list. Subscribe here: http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-user

    Leave a comment:


  • biznatch
    replied
    The .bam files are up to 10 GB so a bed file would be huge, so would take a long time to upload and only small portions could be displayed at a time (500MB upload limit to UCSC). I could ultimately make a .bigbed file which I assume could be displayed from Galaxy to UCSC as I had no problems with .bigwig files but the idea is to have a relatively quick way to visualize the Tophat output in the UCSC browser.

    Leave a comment:


  • rebrendi
    replied
    may be transfer .bam to .bed
    (tool available in Galaxy)
    and then display .bed?

    Leave a comment:


  • biznatch
    started a topic Upload .bam file to Galaxy, display on UCSC

    Upload .bam file to Galaxy, display on UCSC

    The .bigwig files I make and upload to Galaxy get a "Display on UCSC browser" link. Another person in my lab made .bam files from Tophat using Galaxy and also has the Display on UCSC link. When I make .bam files on my own computer and upload them to Galaxy there's no Display on UCSC link. How can I display .bam files that I make myself (from Tophat) and upload to Galaxy on the UCSC browser? I tried uploading a .bai file as well but that didn't help.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 11:14 AM
0 responses
7 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
53 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Working...