Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with using maqview please

I am trying to view the results of a maq analysis from the alignment file output XXX.map.

I am having trouble understanding the README file that comes with the maqview package.

I have successfully indexed the file using the maqindex command but I do not understand the instructions for the ./zrio command, or what it is doing?

Can someone help me understand what to do next please? Thanks.

have you converted the XXX.map file to a text file from this binary format?

Comment

Yes, I have used the command maq mapview out.map to extract to a text file XXXX.map. I have no idea what to do next. I am quite new to using Linux and the command line so if anyone has used maqview before, please could you let me know what to do next? Thanks.

Comment

Assuming you already did the following (or similar)
        Code:
        ./maq-0.7.1/maq fastq2bfq /tmp/s_5_1_fastQ.txt /tmp/s_5_1.bfq
        ./maq-0.7.1/maq fastq2bfq /tmp/s_5_2_fastQ.txt /tmp/s_5_2.bfq

./maq-0.7.1/maq fasta2bfa ./genomes/Enterobacteria_phage_phiX174/NC001422.fna /tmp/phiX.bfa

./maq-0.7.1/maq map -1 76 -2 76 -u /tmp/unusedReads.txt -N /tmp/out.aln.map /tmp/phiX.bfa /tmp/s_5_1.bfq /tmp/s_5_2.bfq

./maq-0.7.1/maq assemble /tmp/out.cns /tmp/phiX.bfa /tmp/out.aln.map
        Then you could run the following:
        Code:
        ./maqview-0.2.5/maqindex -i -c /tmp/out.cns /tmp/out.aln.map

./maqview-0.2.5/maqview -c /tmp/out.cns /tmp/out.aln.map
        This will open the viewer-window, (though in this example VERY slow, as the PhiX coverage here is ~125000x, the maqview code is not build for such a coverage)

Cheers
        -Jonathan

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, it is working fine now . The problem was in fact with my maq analysis, not with my understanding of maqview.

Using the instructions for using maq on the project website the command "maq match" is used to align reads to the reference. I think this command must be obsolete because it produces an output alignment file that does not work with maqview.

The correct command you gave me to map the reads to the reference is "maq map" which I used instead and it worked perfectly. I should have noticed the "maq match" command is missing from the list of commands given when you type "maq" on the command line.

Comment

Yes, that is correct.
            Glad it's working now!

Best
            -Jonathan

Comment

Maqview crashes with mac

Hi,

I have installed Maqview 0.2.5 on my iMac and found it crashing consistently. I correcly indexed my .map file (maqindex -i XXX.map) and then run the maqview command (maqview XXX.map), I can see the main window, but after a couple of clicks it inevitably crashes complaining about a "Bus error".
              Can anyone help me with this?
              Thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses