Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454 assembly using consed

Has anyone assembled 454 data with consed package version 19? I'm having some issues with reading of the .sff files and wondering if anyone has completed an assembly of 454 read data (not using Roche software produced .ace files). I'm using "add454Reads.perl reference.ace sff.fof reference.fa", where the fof specifies the sff files to assembly, but although the script runs, I get an error "doesn't existile /shared/BNFinal/mapping/consed/sff_dir/FPDLD6P02.sff", and the 454 reads are not brought into the assembly; it basically assembles with only the reference sequence. I also tried specifying just the names of reads that I want to bring in to the assembly; these exist in the sff files in the corresponding sff_dir directory to the edit_dir I am running the assembly from. Someone mentioned needing to update phrap, which I will look into, but any other thoughts on this (I'm sure I'm missing something obvious)?
    Thanks,
    Liz

I have successfully assembled 454 data with consed version 19? sff.fof contains the pathway of *.sff file. do you have the permission to access the sff file?

Comment

Thanks for the response. Could you give an example of the contents of the sff.fof file? I checked permissions, but will check again!
      Liz

Comment

the content is :
        ../sff_dir/FPDLD6P02.sff
        sff.fof, add454Reads.perl, reference.ace reference.fa are all in edit_dir.
        if your reads are too much, you need use cross_match.manyreads

good luck

Comment

Well still not sure what I'm doing wrong. The permissions for the files and directories are fine. The sff.fof file itself seems to be fine; the contents are being read. The sff file looks normal (can load it into other apps etc.), and the path is correct..... Thanks!

Comment

add454Reads.perl command is "consed". Have you change consed_linux64bit to consed?
            Last edited by bio-x; 06-05-2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Dear sir!, bio-X

please tell me how to configure the consed 19 for the assembly of 454.sff file , as it was 6 month i am trying to assemble but cannot get the success .

sir please tell the procedure how to configure the phred ,phrap and consed to assemble, .sff files

and the necessary version needed for the assembley of the .sff files..please sir it was great help for me. as my boss is annoyed on me very much

i shall be very thankful to you

waiting for your kind reply please mail me
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybioinfo View Post
                Dear sir!, bio-X
                please tell me how to configure the consed 19 for the assembly of 454.sff file , as it was 6 month i am trying to assemble but cannot get the success .
                What have you tried? What problems occured? Have you carefully read the documentation supplied with the package (http://bozeman.mbt.washington.edu/co...EADME.19.0.txt)?

sir please tell the procedure how to configure the phred ,phrap and consed to assemble, .sff files
                Again, have you read the docs?

and the necessary version needed for the assembley of the .sff files..
                You should use at least consed v19.xx and cross_match version 1.080806 or higher.

Assembling 454 data with consed usually means "reference guided" assembly, not de-novo. You should keep that in mind.

cheers,
                Sven

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                0 responses