I want to get alternative splicing in the organism which I was researched,I have the genome sequences(it is unpublished) and RNA-Seq data ,I have use TopHat and get some output files(.bam , .bed files),but I don't know how to see the results,If I want to get the alternative splicing,what should I do ? I have read the TopHat manual and it said that I should use IGV,IGB or UCSC Genome Browser to see the result,I have downloaded IGV,what was the file I should import to IGV,genome sequence or the genome annotation file? and which is the output file I should import?Does anyone can help me ?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
I have solved the problem.
You can use the IGV to view the result,the TopHat output file .bam file is the reads mapping file,if you import this file to the IGV,you can see how the reads was mapping to the genome sequence,but before you import the .bam file to the IGV,you should use SAMtools command ‘index' to index it.The .bed file is the junction file,you can see the splice site in the IGV after you import the file to it directly.You can see how to use the IGV in its website,and you will see how to see the junction information.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
8 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment