Could any one suggest me how to create a circular genome map with read coverage track. Thanks in advance.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Circos is probably the most commonly used one.
Others include
CGview (http://wishart.biology.ualberta.ca/cgview/)
DNAPlotter (http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.../25/1/119.full)
GenomeViz (http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/5/198)Marco
Comment
-
BRIG looks quite nice, haven't used it yet though
Download BLAST Ring Image Generator for free. BRIG is a cross-platform (Windows/Mac/Unix) application that can display circular comparisons between a large number of genomes, with a focus on handling genome assembly data. Please cite the BRIG paper if BRIG is used to generate figures for publications: NF Alikhan, NK Petty, NL Ben Zakour, SA Beatson (2011) BLAST Ring Image Generator (BRIG): simple prokaryote genome comparisons, BMC Genomics, 12:402.
Comment
-
BUMPED.
Thank you for this. We're using CLC Bio for routine analysis (which is really nice) but it doesn't support circular genome maps at the moment.
So far BRIG has done what I need. CIRCOS looks gorgeous, after 2 hours installing and configuring all the perl libraries needed to support it, I caved and gave up. Maybe I try again in a week or so.
Comment
-
circos
I have to plot a seq uencing data in circle and wonder what tool wil be used. I found Circos but is not window based and intutive for a biologist. Is there a version of CIRCOS which can be easily used or any alternative tool. It is a human genome based data.
Thanks
Comment
-
Regarding DNAplotter
Hello everyone
I have done re-sequencing of one of Vibrio cholerae strain and has data in form of consensus sequence for both the chromosomes. Now I want to make these consensus circular and compare them with the reference . Is it possible to do that with DNAplotter? I mean I want that outer circle should be my reference sequence and the inner circle should me my consensus sequence.
I am trying to use DNAplotter but not getting much. please pardon me if I am missing something very obvious.
Regards,
NehaLast edited by neha; 07-19-2012, 09:16 PM.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
48 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
39 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment