Hello everyone,
I got some files with DNA sequencing preliminary data from a partner lab. Before they sent me these data, they were processed using variant calling with the samtools pileup option (I don’t have access to the raw data); therefore, these files are in *vcrfpileup* and *pileup* formats. I noticed that these files are listing only the positions that can be determined as different from reference in a consistent manner. However, I still need to distinguish regions without variants due to their homology to reference from regions not having variants because they were not covered at all.
On the other topic, but same matter, In an attempt to access, visualize and obtain the information about specific DNA regions to design some set primers, I have been trying to access and visualize the alignment of these files using samtools tview and bcftools view. However, the former require that the file be in BAM-SAM format (errors: [ban_header_read] EOF marker is absent; main_samview] fail to Read the header. The latter show me the error ([bcf_sync] incorrect number of fields (0= !5) at 0:0.)
Does anyone know what can I do to distinguish regions without variants due to their homology to reference from regions not having variants using the file formats: aps.vcrfpileup and aps.pileup?
Does anyone know a better way to visualize the alignments between the reference genome and NGS data using files that are in format *vcrfpileu* and *pileup*?
Many thanks,
Alvaro
I got some files with DNA sequencing preliminary data from a partner lab. Before they sent me these data, they were processed using variant calling with the samtools pileup option (I don’t have access to the raw data); therefore, these files are in *vcrfpileup* and *pileup* formats. I noticed that these files are listing only the positions that can be determined as different from reference in a consistent manner. However, I still need to distinguish regions without variants due to their homology to reference from regions not having variants because they were not covered at all.
On the other topic, but same matter, In an attempt to access, visualize and obtain the information about specific DNA regions to design some set primers, I have been trying to access and visualize the alignment of these files using samtools tview and bcftools view. However, the former require that the file be in BAM-SAM format (errors: [ban_header_read] EOF marker is absent; main_samview] fail to Read the header. The latter show me the error ([bcf_sync] incorrect number of fields (0= !5) at 0:0.)
Does anyone know what can I do to distinguish regions without variants due to their homology to reference from regions not having variants using the file formats: aps.vcrfpileup and aps.pileup?
Does anyone know a better way to visualize the alignments between the reference genome and NGS data using files that are in format *vcrfpileu* and *pileup*?
Many thanks,
Alvaro
Comment