If anyone has solved the error: conflicting types for 'exp' or the equivalent for 'log', I'd be incredibly grateful.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
Is the conflicting types a warning or an error ?
Can you display the full message?
If it's just a warning, don't worry about it.
Comment
-
phil@phil:~/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bgzf.c -o bgzf.o
bgzf.c: In function ‘bgzf_close’:
bgzf.c:630:8: warning: variable ‘count’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. kstring.c -o kstring.o
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_aux.c -o bam_aux.o
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam.c -o bam.o
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_import.c -o bam_import.o
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. sam.c -o sam.o
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_index.c -o bam_index.o
bam_index.c: In function ‘bam_index_load_core’:
bam_index.c:330:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
bam_index.c:337:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
bam_index.c:350:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
bam_index.c:353:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
bam_index.c:357:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
bam_index.c:361:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
bam_index.c:371:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
bam_index.c:375:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_pileup.c -o bam_pileup.o
bam_pileup.c: In function ‘resolve_cigar2’:
bam_pileup.c:75:9: warning: variable ‘is_head’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_lpileup.c -o bam_lpileup.o
gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log -I. bam_md.c -o bam_md.o
In file included from /usr/include/math.h:146:0,
from bam_md.c:5:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/mathcalls.h:101:1: error: conflicting types for ‘exp’
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/mathcalls.h:110:1: error: conflicting types for ‘log’
make[2]: *** [bam_md.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
make[1]: *** [lib-recur] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/Desktop/samtools-0.1.18'
make: *** [all-recur] Error 1
Comment
-
-
Figured it out! I put in, from somewhere I found online, the -Dexpl=exp -Dlogl=log line in DFLAGS. Got rid of that and it worked! Thanks!
Comment
-
I was having the same problem running make in Ubuntu 12.04 lts, with errors resulting from problems with both zlib and curses. Ultimately the solution was to do this:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev libncurses5-dev
sudo make clean
sudo make
Comment
-
-
Originally posted by Richard Finney View PostCFLAGS should be on the second line of the make file (Makefile)...
Makefile should be modified like this ...
CFLAGS= -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/ncurses
On an Ubuntu box if you install the libncurses5 and libncurses5-dev the -I parameter is useless…SysAdmin & ICT consultant
http://about.me/nicola.losito
Comment
-
there are installation instructions in the file "INSTALL":
The text-based viewer (tview) requires the GNU ncurses library
<http://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/>, which comes with Mac OS X and most of
the modern Linux/Unix distributions. If you do not have this library installed,
you can still compile the rest of SAMtools by manually changing:
`-D_CURSES_LIB=1' to `-D_CURSES_LIB=0' at the line starting with `DFLAGS=', and
comment out the line starting with `LIBCURSES='.
Worked for me (Ubuntu 12.04)
Comment
-
When it comes to running packages like samtools, bedtools or any other kind of bioinformatics solution on a Windows box, you're better off getting VMWare and installing Ubuntu. Trying to compile things from source with Cygwin is asking for trouble.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
17 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
39 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
30 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment