Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aimc
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2014
    • 4

    #76
    Hello.
    I am running gap5 ( staden-2.0.0b9.i686 ) . I created an g5d and g5x with tg_index

    But when i run gap5, i cannot map reads to the sequences.
    The graphical user interface won't let me browse , or even write into the Entry box, to select the reads.

    (attaching image)


    I'm running Ubuntu 64-bit 14.04

    I would appreciate some help with this issue, i just want to use it to explore a map of reads to contigs.
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • jkbonfield
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 146

      #77
      Do the other dialogues work for you, for example Find Internal Joins? I haven't see cases before where you cannot type into a dialogue box. Which window manager are you using? Is this a genuine ubuntu box or running inside some VM? Is the X11 server the same machine, or an emulated X on, say, MS Windows?

      As far as working around the problem, what this dialogue is doing behind the scenes is:
      1) Export the consensus in depadded form.
      2) Build a bwa index of the consensus and use bwa to align against it, yielding a bam file.
      3) Run tg_index -a -g on the BAM file to import the alignments back again. The -g flag tells it to reinsert pads that were stripped out in part 1 above, to insure the padded form is all still in alignment (gap5 internally uses padded coordinates rather than depadded reference coordinates).

      Comment

      • aimc
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2014
        • 4

        #78
        Hi again and thanks for your quick response !

        As you said it should work, i tried again with no luck.
        I tried a second time with sudo bash, so executing gap5 with super user permissions; this time it would let me write into the Entry box.

        (image attached)

        This issue is sure weird but i replicated it many times , just to be sure that using sudo is a(n ugly) workaround.

        Using Ubuntu 14.04.1:
        Linux ubuntu 3.13.0-40-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 13 17:53:56 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

        HP Laptop ( Not a VM ) ; Ubuntu installed with Wubi

        Tk:
        Tkinter.__version__
        $Revision: 81008 $
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • rittza
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 2

          #79
          Hi everyone
          I am trying to use GAP5 to work on my NGS data, and I came across a problem while installing. I have found no records of anything similar on the internet, so as a last resort I decided to ask here.

          I have installed the 2.0.0b10 staden package from http://sourceforge.net/projects/staden/and installed GAP5 in windows 7.

          While trying to convert my SAM files to the gap5 database format, I always get

          Sorry, database busy
          Unable to lock and/or open database
          gio_open: No error

          I figured this could be due to the folder properties and changed them in the cmd line, using

          attrib -s +r

          But the folder's properties are unchanged.

          Has anyone come across this problem in windows?

          Thanks in advance

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          7 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          31 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          26 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          47 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...