Hi all i m shahid. I want to sequence Pollen beetle (Meligeteus aeneus) genome using paired-end technique with Illumina system. Can any body help me to find reference sequence for this pollen beetle genome alignment.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Hey Shahid,Originally posted by shahid.manzoor View PostHi all i m shahid. I want to sequence Pollen beetle (Meligeteus aeneus) genome using paired-end technique with Illumina system. Can any body help me to find reference sequence for this pollen beetle genome alignment.
First off I'd put this question in a new thread under an appropriate title. I don't know if you reaized but you put your comment at the end of an existing thread on a different topic.
If I were you I'd look at the NCBI Taxonomy browser to try to find closely related species with completed genomes. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Taxonomy/
I have heard it said that you need > 95% sequence similarity for resequencing to work, but I'm sure that this boundary will be pushed back with algorithmic enhancements (moving from re-sequenceing approach towards a de-novo sequencing approach).
Good luck with your work!
Dan.
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
43 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment