Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a How to bisufite seq anaylsis page

The how to/exome analysis seqwiki (http://seqanswers.com/wiki/How-to/exome_analysis) is the greatest thing in the world and I would be lost without it. Anyways, I am wondering if anyone knows if a similar manual for analyzing WGBS data. I haven't located one yet, but the internet is big place. I can't even get the most basic commands to work in Bismark (like genome preparation)! Just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction.

PS. Whomever took the time to write the exome wiki for us "dummies" is a godsend!

Originally posted by shawpa View Post
    I can't even get the most basic commands to work in Bismark (like genome preparation)!
    That's a shame, if you are struggling with anything in particular you are more than welcome to send me an email and I'll do my best to guide you through. Even though I can't offer you a comprehensive WGSBS-Seq tutorial I could still point you towards a few documents that you might find useful: the Bismark manual, a review on first steps with BS-Seq data and a brief guide to RRBS which is in part also useful for normal BS-Seq.

Comment

We are using iontorent PGM for target bisufite sequence and ion-torrent software to generate the alignment and variant-call. We have successfully use this strategy for two different sets of amplicons but are having problems with the third-set that is very CpG rich.
      We have try to manipulate the variant-caller parameters but are unable to get a VCF file despite the fact that we see the multiple C-T sites in IGV. Is anyone else try this crude method to get biseq with methylation percentage? Do any one has an idea what parameters in the PGM variant caller we can manipulate to get a VCF file with the data?
      Nili

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses