Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ETHANol
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 308

    #1

    GOSeq not finding database

    I don't know what is going on here. GOSeq use to work fine for me. Now there seems to be some problem with finding the database. I think I've narrowed to problem down to the following code:

    Code:
    > library(goseq)
    > GO.pvals=goseq(pwf,'hg19','ensGene')
    Fetching GO annotations...
    Error in library(paste(orgstring, "db", sep = "."), character.only = TRUE) : 
      there is no package called 'org.Hs.eg.db'
    I'm running R version 2.13.2 and GOSeq version 1.4.0.

    I have tried a few genome/gene ID combinations.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    --------------
    Ethan
  • ETHANol
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 308

    #2
    Solved this one so I figured I would post the answer. I uninstalled R 2.14.2 and installed R 2.13.2 because the BSgenome package won't install in 2.14.2. It appears that goseq won't run in 2.13.2.

    It's always nice when there are incompatibilities in the same work flow.
    --------------
    Ethan

    Comment

    • ETHANol
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 308

      #3
      This issue has popped up again. I don't have any idea what is going on. Now it only happens when I am using the mm9 genome.

      Code:
      > library(goseq)
      > GO.wall=goseq(pwf, "mm9", "geneSymbol")
      Fetching GO annotations...
      Error in library(paste(orgstring, "db", sep = "."), character.only = TRUE) : 
        there is no package called ‘org.Mm.eg.db’
      It works when mm9 is replaced with hg19. Any ideas??

      I am running R 2.14.2 and I can't seem to remember how to get the version of a R package but I believe it is the current version of goseq.
      Last edited by ETHANol; 05-11-2012, 11:40 AM.
      --------------
      Ethan

      Comment

      • yjzhang913
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2013
        • 3

        #4
        hi, you shoud install the package you needed.

        To install this package, start R and enter:

        source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
        biocLite("org.Hs.eg.db")

        Comment

        • Nancy_Julia
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2018
          • 2

          #5
          I tried to post a reply, but I think it disappeared. I too am having the same problem with that package, whether I use http or https. I need to work with mm9 for my assignment. I have installed the latest version of R and Rstudio. What more can I do?

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          10 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          32 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          28 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...