I first perform genome analysis, and predict many genes. I don't know how to perform Go analysis. I have try the blast2go on the net service, however it is very slowly. Can I used other located software to complete this task? look forward your help.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
Thank you for your suggest. I have construct a draft map for an eukaryotic animal. By the gene predict software, like exonhunter, I have received nearly 11000 genes among this whole genome. Now, I want to use these fasta sequences (predict genes) to receive corresponding Go annotation. I have tried the blast2go on the net service, however it is very slowly. It will spend 2 weeks in annoting 11000 genes. Do you know some more efficient software can complete this task?Last edited by henry_by; 04-08-2012, 12:48 AM.
Comment
-
Hi henry_by,
If I'm not mistaken, EBI has GO annotations embedded in some fasta headers. You may want to look into creating a local blast-instance of these files and locally-blast your predicted genes against it. You can then simply parse such hits and extract out the respective GO from the header... shouldn't take very long for your 11k genes.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
7 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Today, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
53 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment