Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowtie Solexa data analysis help

Has anyone used Bowtie software to do the analysis?
    I have solexa data that I have aligned to one of the hu chromosomes. When I try to map using bowtie-maptool it gives me an error saying :

Could not find an id to map reference name "gi|12345678|ref|NT_12346727.12|" to.

Any clues why? Is there any other way of mapping this?

Didn't belong where you put it, so it's here now.

Comment

thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Ka123$ View Post
        Has anyone used Bowtie software to do the analysis?
        I have solexa data that I have aligned to one of the hu chromosomes. When I try to map using bowtie-maptool it gives me an error saying :

Could not find an id to map reference name "gi|12345678|ref|NT_12346727.12|" to.

Any clues why? Is there any other way of mapping this?
        The program used to align reads is called 'bowtie'. 'bowtie-maptool' is for converting among Bowtie's various output formats.

A very good place to start is by looking at Bowtie's Getting Started Guide and Manual online.

Thanks,
        Ben

Comment

Thanks Ben

after align do we do map on a different software?
          I thought bowtie can do the mapping too.....
          Have u come across a segmentation error when u run maptool?

again thanks for your input!

Comment

after align do we do map on a different software?
            I thought bowtie can do the mapping too.....
            I think there may be a problem with terminology here. What do you mean by mapping? Most people use mapping to describe the process of aligning a read against a reference sequence (eg an annotated genome).

In bowtie you'd use the 'bowtie' program itself to to the alignment.

Comment

File format of bowtie

Hi ,
              Does anyone know what file format does the bowtie output give after aligning the solexa data to a reference.Do we need to convert this to a BED file to be able to analyse in cisGenome? or can we directly use this file in UCSC?
              Thanks.

Comment

hello all

When I try coverting my bowtie to BED file using bowtie converter on http://vancouvershortr.wiki.sourcefo...t/ConvertToBed
                and execute it I get a message : could not locate a bowtie index corrresponding to the name "GaP_align"
                My command is:
                ./bowtie GaP_align . GaP_align_BED -noflag

I have my bowtie aligned reads under the GaP_align name. then why is it not able to read it from there?
                Any help is appreciated.....
                Thanks
                Last edited by Ka123$; 07-20-2009, 03:26 AM.

Comment

When I try coverting my bowtie to BED file using bowtie converter on http://vancouvershortr.wiki.sourcefo...t/ConvertToBed
                  and execute it I get a message : could not locate a bowtie index corrresponding to the name "GaP_align"
                  My command is:
                  ./bowtie GaP_align . GaP_align_BED -noflag
                  The page you linked to is for a separate application called ConvertToBed which is part of the short read analysis package. The command you included was running the actual bowtie program.

You need to install the ConvertToBed program and then run that instead.

Comment

Hi Fejes,
                    According to your previous blog help
                    "With the latest version (4.0.x), the convertToBed.jar application should be invoked as:

"java -jar /path/to/ConvertToBed.jar -input GaP_align --output /output/path/ -aligner bowtie"
                    "
                    I tried this command and it did not work. I am working on a unix server and it cannot recognise the -jar.. Also I copied the ConvertToBed into my current path and ran it nothing happend ,Error saying Main class not defined...
                    I am not sure If it is a java installation problem or if a main class file is not there in fp4 folder.
                    Also When I tried searching for the complete "http://vancouvershortr.wiki.sourcefo...t/ConvertToBed" the page does not link me to "FileConversionTools" anymore, as I could access before a couple of days...
                    Any suggestion will help...
                    Thanks in advance.

Comment

Bowtie map to Ensemble gene annotations

I haven't used Bowtie, but I want to know how to convert the Bowtie mapped output to annotated Ensembl genes?
                      I need to be able to map to the gene and to map to 200bp upstream to the genes?
                      Lana
                      Last edited by schaffer; 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schaffer View Post
                        I haven't used Bowtie, but I want to know how to convert the Bowtie mapped output to annotated Ensembl genes?
                        I need to be able to map to the gene and to map to 200bp upstream to the genes?
                        Lana
                        You can load your data into SeqMonk, which allows you to visualise your data against an annotated genome (with the annotations all coming from Ensembl). You can also quantitate over different regions (genes, promoters etc...). It will read default bowtie output (or SAM files if you chose that option).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses