Seqanswers Leaderboard Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • luigra
    replied
    Hi all,

    I've experienced a similar problem: I used Cufflinks 2.0.0 with the aim of fixing the problem of too many FAIL results (~30%) derived by the version 1.3.0. The results was that roughly one hundred transcripts were DE and all the others had zero values. As reported in the webpage of Cufflinks from the release 2.0.1 this problem should have been fixed . So I launched the last version 2.0.2 retrieving the same results of the 2.0.0: only 134 transcripts DE and all other with zero FPKM. From my personal experience the 1.0.3 is the last release that not gives strange results (although it gives a lot of false positive). Since them all subsequent releases that were supposed to give improvements miserly FAIL :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • ramma
    replied
    Originally posted by SeekRNA View Post
    I'm using cufflinks to compare expression in two conditions from modEncode BAM files. The FPKM values for both sets are zeros for every gene! There do not appear to be any errors (all are OK). What sorts of things give rise to this?

    Thank you so much, and apologies if this is trivial as I am new to RNAseq
    I'm having this same issue. Did you find a solution/did using an older version of cufflinks work for you?

    Leave a comment:


  • westerman
    replied
    I had a similar problem when using v.2.0. Going back to a previous version helped. Although since that time I have discovered different problems with my original data (it was improperly filtered) thus it is possible that my cufflinks problem was due to the data and not the cufflinks version. Never-the-less if you are running v.2 then you may wish to try a different version.

    Leave a comment:


  • AsoBioInfo
    replied
    Did you use any GTF file comparing with your seq?

    Leave a comment:


  • SeekRNA
    started a topic Cufflinks giving all 0's

    Cufflinks giving all 0's

    I'm using cufflinks to compare expression in two conditions from modEncode BAM files. The FPKM values for both sets are zeros for every gene! There do not appear to be any errors (all are OK). What sorts of things give rise to this?

    Thank you so much, and apologies if this is trivial as I am new to RNAseq

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • seqadmin
    Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
    by seqadmin



    While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
    06-06-2024, 07:15 AM
  • seqadmin
    Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
    by seqadmin



    Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

    Somatic Genomics
    “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
    05-24-2024, 01:16 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:24 AM
0 responses
9 views
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:58 AM
0 responses
11 views
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 06-12-2024, 02:20 PM
0 responses
15 views
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 06-07-2024, 06:58 AM
0 responses
182 views
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Working...
X