Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hunny
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 23

    #1

    Scripture collapsed when assemling read alignments

    Hi ,

    When I am using Scripture(scripture-beta2.jar) to assemble read alignmets, the program collapsed with following output

    .....
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr4
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr5
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr6
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr7
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr8
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chr9
    Computing alignment global stats for chromosome chrM
    model stats loaded, initializing model
    Built the model: 0.0 free memory: 288473920
    Segmenting accross graph
    Going to get read iterator to make graph with counts
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(TreeMap.java:341)
    at java.util.TreeMap.get(TreeMap.java:272)
    at broad.pda.seq.segmentation.ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.makeGraphWithCounts(ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.java:1271)
    at broad.pda.seq.segmentation.ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.contiguousAcrossGraph(ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.java:1212)
    at broad.pda.seq.segmentation.ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.main(ContinuousDataAlignmentModel.java:2306)
    What I did previously include

    HTML Code:
    --Generated accepted_hits.bam by running Tophat-1.3.2 on paired-end RNA-seq reads. 
    
    --Extract the first 100000 reads of the accepted_hits.bam and named it with test.sam for testing
    
    --Built index (test.sam.sai)
    $ igvtools index test.sam
    
    --Run Scripture
    $ java -jar scripture-beta2.jar -alignment test.sorted.sam -sizeFile Zv9.chrom.sizes
    Any solutions or suggestions? Thank you in advance.
  • AlbertOuTw
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 6

    #2
    Hi Hunny,

    I am not sure if you already solved the problem or still wait someone's help.

    I just run the scripture and I think you have to give -chr (the chromosome you interested in) and -chrSequence (the chromosome sequence in fasta format). They are mandatory parameters (http://www.broadinstitute.org/softwa...mentation_task) although they are not checked by the program itself.

    I tried your input parameters with the test set and get exactly the same error message but it is OK when I also gave -chr and -chrSequence parameters. So I think it is just this problem.

    Another thing I have to say is: make sure all your chromosome ID in any SAM/BAM file ,chromosomeSequence file (*.fa) and sizeFile are with "chr" prefix. If not, there might be some other errors when you run this program. Good Luck!

    Comment

    • Hunny
      Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 23

      #3
      Originally posted by AlbertOuTw View Post
      Hi Hunny,
      I am not sure if you already solved the problem or still wait someone's help.
      No, I gave it up.

      Originally posted by AlbertOuTw View Post
      I just run the scripture and I think you have to give -chr (the chromosome you interested in) and -chrSequence (the chromosome sequence in fasta format). They are mandatory parameters (http://www.broadinstitute.org/softwa...mentation_task) although they are not checked by the program itself.

      I tried your input parameters with the test set and get exactly the same error message but it is OK when I also gave -chr and -chrSequence parameters. So I think it is just this problem.
      Thank you for your trying. However, I intended to run Scripture for all chromosomes. It seems a little bit trivial to run with -chr and -chrSequence parameters for all chromosomes.

      Best wishes,

      Comment

      • AlbertOuTw
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 6

        #4
        Originally posted by Hunny View Post
        No, I gave it up.
        Thank you for your trying. However, I intended to run Scripture for all chromosomes. It seems a little bit trivial to run with -chr and -chrSequence parameters for all chromosomes.

        Best wishes,
        Although it is a little bit inconvenient, but you can run Scripture segmentation chromosome by chromosome and cat all the results into one bed file. Then use the bed file to score all results by using "-task score".

        It is a good tool to use but need some time to get used to how it represents its results.

        Best wishes

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        45 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...