I know that there are many great programs out there such as bowtie, galaxy, bioconductor, etc that can do these steps for me but I am interested in creating my own .bam file starting off from a .fastq file. Oh and my main software of choice has been MATLAB which has worked out great for me. I am trying to align this sequence but I am wondering whether there is an option from MATLAB to compare this alignment to one that is provided by NCBI or another websource. On top of this, I feel like MATLAB can map this sequence onto the genome and record the counts of the alignment. The rest of the conversion, however, I am kind of shaky on, has anyone tried this or knows of a better way to approach this?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
If you use matlab to do the alignment as long as you report the alignment according to SAM specs, you can stream that data into samtools and it will produce a BAM. Look up the view command:
http://samtools.sourceforge.net/samtools.shtml
-
I am confused as to what you are actually doing. Are you trying to map raw data to the genome? Are you even working with next-gen data? You say sequence as if it is singular, so is this perhaps a single sequence you are trying to align?
If you are trying to simply analyze already aligned reads, then that is a different matter.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
8 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment