Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tophat-fusion-post error

Hi everyone, I have a question when using tophat-fusion-post, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I use the tophatfusion-0.1.0 (the old version) to do the tophat-fusion and the results seems fine. But when I use the tophat-fusion-post:
    Code:
    python /share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion-post.py -p 8 --num-fusion-reads 1 --num-fusion-pairs 2 --num-fusion-both 5  /share_bio/panfs/zengchq/baij/HumanRef/BowtieIndex_hs37.67
    The error shows:
    Code:
    [Fri Jun 29 16:15:22 2012] Beginning TopHat-Fusion post-processing run (v0.1.0 (Beta))
    -----------------------------------------------
    [Fri Jun 29 16:15:22 2012] Extracting 23-mer around fusions and mapping them using Bowtie
    [Fri Jun 29 16:15:22 2012] Filtering fusions
    	Processing: tophat_N/fusions.out
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion-post.py", line 1904, in <module>
        sys.exit(main())
      File "/share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion-post.py", line 1875, in main
        filter_fusion(params)
      File "/share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion-post.py", line 632, in filter_fusion
        filter_fusion_impl(fusion_file, refGene_list, ensGene_list, ensGtp_dic, seq_chr_dic, fusion_gene_list)
      File "/share/disk2-4/zengchq/gongkn/tophatfusion-0.1.0/src/tophat-fusion-post.py", line 351, in filter_fusion_impl
        kmer_len = len(seq_chr_dic.keys()[0])
    IndexError: list index out of range
    The one who occur the same error said it's the reason of Bowtie index and then I tried the Bowtie1 Bowtie2 index separately and even tried to use tophat2 to run my tophat-fusion-0.1.0 results but the errors are all the same. (link here: http://www.biostars.org/post/show/47...ion-post-error).
    And my directory structure is:
    Code:
    (top_dir)
    Tophat-N
    Tophat-T
    tophatfusion_out - the output directory by tophat-fusion-post
    ensGene.txt 
    ensGtp.txt
    refGene_sorted.txt
    mcl
    blast_human - blast database
    I don't know where the question is, please give me some suggestions...
    Thank you,
    Conan.

Comment

I have the exactly same error.Have you solved it yet? Can anybody help me?

Comment

Originally posted by lpqsx2005 View Post
        I have the exactly same error.Have you solved it yet? Can anybody help me?
        Nope. IMO you could write perl script to filter out the raw results generated from tophat fusion and acquire the gene name manually.
        If your data is sequenced by illumina you could try some other software such as deFuse.

Comment

I got identical error and managed to solve it. As advised by Richard on Biostars http://www.biostars.org/p/47369/
          What you need to do is place both bowtie 1 and bowtie 2 indexes in one folder (either index them yourself or download from ftp://ftp.cbcb.umd.edu/pub/data/), point tophat-fusion-post to this folder and it should be running. Worked for me.

Command I used:

Code:
          tophat-fusion-post -p 8 --num-fusion-reads 1 --num-fusion-pairs 2 --num-fusion-both 5 /scratch/EXOME_DATA/RNASEQ/index_combined/hg19

Using:
          Tophat 2.0.6
          Bowtie 0.12.8
          Bowtie2 2.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by mknut View Post
            I got identical error and managed to solve it. As advised by Richard on Biostars http://www.biostars.org/p/47369/
            What you need to do is place both bowtie 1 and bowtie 2 indexes in one folder (either index them yourself or download from ftp://ftp.cbcb.umd.edu/pub/data/), point tophat-fusion-post to this folder and it should be running. Worked for me.

Command I used:

Code:
            tophat-fusion-post -p 8 --num-fusion-reads 1 --num-fusion-pairs 2 --num-fusion-both 5 /scratch/EXOME_DATA/RNASEQ/index_combined/hg19

Using:
            Tophat 2.0.6
            Bowtie 0.12.8
            Bowtie2 2.0.2
            I will have a try.Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by mknut View Post

Command I used:

Code:

Using:
              Tophat 2.0.6
              Bowtie 0.12.8
              Bowtie2 2.0.2
              It worked!Thank you!

Comment

Bump.
                I tried to put bowtie1 and bowtie2 indexes together, but program still reported same error.
                ConanMacBook-Air:Tophat_fusion Conan$ tophat-fusion-post ../Ref_official_website_ver/hg19_mix/
                [Sun Feb 17 17:24:43 2013] Beginning TopHat-Fusion post-processing run (v2.0.7)
                -----------------------------------------------
                [Sun Feb 17 17:24:44 2013] Extracting 23-mer around fusions and mapping them using Bowtie
                [Sun Feb 17 17:24:44 2013] Filtering fusions
                Processing: tophat_S4-a/fusions.out
                Traceback (most recent call last):
                File "/Users/Conan/WorkApps/tophat-2.0.7.OSX_x86_64/tophat-fusion-post", line 2615, in <module>
                sys.exit(main())
                File "/Users/Conan/WorkApps/tophat-2.0.7.OSX_x86_64/tophat-fusion-post", line 2586, in main
                filter_fusion(bwt_idx_prefix, params)
                File "/Users/Conan/WorkApps/tophat-2.0.7.OSX_x86_64/tophat-fusion-post", line 704, in filter_fusion
                filter_fusion_impl(fusion_file, refGene_list, ensGene_list, seq_chr_dic, fusion_gene_list)
                File "/Users/Conan/WorkApps/tophat-2.0.7.OSX_x86_64/tophat-fusion-post", line 428, in filter_fusion_impl
                kmer_len = len(seq_chr_dic.keys()[0])
                IndexError: list index out of range
                Can anybody tell me where the standard error file is so that I could find out my specific problem. Since Richard on Biostar said:
                When looked in the stderr I found that tophat-fusion-post wanted to use the bowtie1 index for my genome, while I only had the bowtie 2 index, which I used to run tophat 2.
                Thank you!

Comment

I also encountered the same problem and the problem did not resolve the problem immediately after the correction about bowtie index.

Problem was solved after I remove the tophatfusion_out directory that was created by my previous run with error.

Please try it.

Originally posted by dadada4ever View Post
                  Bump.
                  I tried to put bowtie1 and bowtie2 indexes together, but program still reported same error.

Can anybody tell me where the standard error file is so that I could find out my specific problem. Since Richard on Biostar said:

Thank you!

Comment

Hi
                    I got the trouble with tophatfusio-post.
                    can you guess something...I posted here:
                    Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses