Suppose I have a bam file that contains mapping of reads to the human reference. Then for a particular gene, I want to reconstruct its two haplotypes. Is there a tool to assemble reads mapped to the said gene region into two haplotypes? Thanks!
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
You can extract reads from a given region from your sam/bam file. about assembling it ... u should be assemble it into a gene but about getting two haplotypes i can't say because then you would need to assess the variants in the region and then mix and match to get the 2 haplotypes but i doubt that'll be of much use or of any significance.Originally posted by ymc View PostSuppose I have a bam file that contains mapping of reads to the human reference. Then for a particular gene, I want to reconstruct its two haplotypes. Is there a tool to assemble reads mapped to the said gene region into two haplotypes? Thanks!
-
Thank you for your hint. I think I am going to implement the dynamic programming algorithm described in He et al (2010) and give it a try. I want to assemble only several hundred bases long exons. I think DP should be ok for my problem.Originally posted by HESmith View PostCheck out the software wiki and/or try a Google search of "haplotype from short-read sequencing".
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
8 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
46 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment