Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pfranchini
    Member
    • May 2009
    • 19

    #1

    gene expression analysys

    Hi,
    I would like to know if it is available a free software (some commercial ones like CLC and SEQman do it) able to estimate gene expression from a mRNA-seq experiment using as reference to count against simple sequences without annotation. I will appreciate your help!

    Thanks

    P
  • kmcarr
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 1181

    #2
    Tophat and ERANGE. See the Software tools thread. http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43

    Comment

    • pfranchini
      Member
      • May 2009
      • 19

      #3
      I tried TopHat but it seems to give gene expression value in RPKM only if a gff3 with known splice junction is supplied and I have not it because I am working with a non-model organism. I am looking at ERANGE but it needs the same informations of Topahat, but I am not sure because I still have to try to run it. I spoke about CLC and SEQman because I tried them and you don't necessarily need a file with known splice junctions but you can also estimate your gene expression (in RPKM for exmaple) using as reference the contigs file created "de-Novo" from short reads (because I don't have a referenfe genome for my non-model organism). Reading the manuals of CLC and SEQman, I understood that they consider each "contig" as a "gene" and count the gene expression againt them. I would like to do something like this but I am not sure I can do it wit Tophat and ERANGE, but perhaps I missed something and any help about this approach with free softwares is really welcome!

      Thanks

      P

      Comment

      • steven
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 269

        #4
        Hi,
        with no reference transcriptome i would suggest Gmorse.
        http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...68&postcount=7. It is free.
        good luck,
        s.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        9 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        31 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        47 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...