Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bukowski
    replied
    Originally posted by ramirob View Post
    Not really, but if I filter the gatk output I would just get less variants wouldn't I? The main question I have is, are the parameters I am using ok? Maybe I can check other alignments. I have been trying to find out what parameters people use that they report 90% concordance, do you know?

    Thank you very much for your attention and help!
    Ramiro
    Yes you would get less variants, but they would also be high quality ones.

    I don't know much about samtools mpileup parameters but assuming you're working on human data, the GATK best practice documents would be a good place to start for refining GATK parameters.

    http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wi...th_the_GATK_v3

    There's plenty of pipelines on Github and the like with other peoples parameters exposed. I wasn't able to find information on the parameters in the HugeSeq paper, but I note it was for a very old version of GATK.

    Leave a comment:


  • ramirob
    replied
    Not really, but if I filter the gatk output I would just get less variants wouldn't I? The main question I have is, are the parameters I am using ok? Maybe I can check other alignments. I have been trying to find out what parameters people use that they report 90% concordance, do you know?

    Thank you very much for your attention and help!
    Ramiro

    Leave a comment:


  • Bukowski
    replied
    Originally posted by ramirob View Post
    Well, with vcf-compare I am getting about 30%!

    # The command line was: vcf-compare(r731) chr10gatk.raw.vcf.gz chr10.samtools.raw.vcf.gz
    #
    #VN 'Venn-Diagram Numbers'. Use `grep ^VN | cut -f 2-` to extract this part.
    #VN The columns are:
    #VN 1 .. number of sites unique to this particular combination of files
    #VN 2- .. combination of files and space-separated number, a fraction of sites in the file
    VN 271 chr10.samtools.raw.vcf.gz (35.4%) chr10gatk.raw.vcf.gz (38.2%)
    VN 438 chr10gatk.raw.vcf.gz (61.8%)
    VN 494 chr10.samtools.raw.vcf.gz (64.6%)
    #SN Summary Numbers. Use `grep ^SN | cut -f 2-` to extract this part.
    SN Number of REF matches: 271
    SN Number of ALT matches: 270
    SN Number of REF mismatches: 0
    SN Number of ALT mismatches: 1
    SN Number of samples in GT comparison: 0
    OK I admit that seems quite low, but do you really want to be considering the raw, unfiltered output for your comparisons?

    Leave a comment:


  • ramirob
    replied
    Well, with vcf-compare I am getting about 30%!

    # The command line was: vcf-compare(r731) chr10gatk.raw.vcf.gz chr10.samtools.raw.vcf.gz
    #
    #VN 'Venn-Diagram Numbers'. Use `grep ^VN | cut -f 2-` to extract this part.
    #VN The columns are:
    #VN 1 .. number of sites unique to this particular combination of files
    #VN 2- .. combination of files and space-separated number, a fraction of sites in the file
    VN 271 chr10.samtools.raw.vcf.gz (35.4%) chr10gatk.raw.vcf.gz (38.2%)
    VN 438 chr10gatk.raw.vcf.gz (61.8%)
    VN 494 chr10.samtools.raw.vcf.gz (64.6%)
    #SN Summary Numbers. Use `grep ^SN | cut -f 2-` to extract this part.
    SN Number of REF matches: 271
    SN Number of ALT matches: 270
    SN Number of REF mismatches: 0
    SN Number of ALT mismatches: 1
    SN Number of samples in GT comparison: 0

    Leave a comment:


  • Bukowski
    replied
    So what concordance *are* you getting?

    Leave a comment:


  • ramirob
    started a topic Little concordance between GATK and Samtools

    Little concordance between GATK and Samtools

    Hello,

    I have read that GATK and Samtools should give you about 90% concordance (Hugeseq test). I am not able to reproduce that and was wondering if anyone has done it and can tell me what parameters they used??

    I am doing:

    java -Xmx4g -jar aln.bam -R ucsc.hg19.fasta --min_base_quality_score 30 -T UnifiedGenotyper -o gatk.vcf

    samtools mpileup -uf ucsc.hg19.fasta --Q 30 -D -g -I -S aln.bam | bcftools view -bvcg - > samtools.bcf
    bcftools view samtools.bcf > samtools.vcf

    Any insight?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ramiro

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
36 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...