Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RockChalkJayhawk
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 192

    #1

    Wierd MACS error

    Hey all,

    I am trying to install MACS, but I get this error:
    $ python setup.py install
    /usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'console'
    warnings.warn(msg)
    /usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'app'
    warnings.warn(msg)
    running install
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_scripts
    running install_lib
    running install_scripts
    changing mode of /usr/local/bin/elandmulti2bed.py to 755
    changing mode of /usr/local/bin/elandresult2bed.py to 755
    changing mode of /usr/local/bin/macs to 755
    running install_egg_info
    Removing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MACS-1.3.6.1.egg-info
    Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MACS-1.3.6.1.egg-info

    Then when I try to run MACS, I only get the help screen.

    I am running 64-bit Ubuntu (jaunty) on a dual core AMDx64 with 4GB memory.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
  • dawe
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 258

    #2
    Hi

    Originally posted by RockChalkJayhawk View Post
    Hey all,

    I am trying to install MACS, but I get this error:
    $ python setup.py install
    /usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'console'
    warnings.warn(msg)
    /usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'app'
    warnings.warn(msg)
    These are only py2.6 warnings, no errors... MACS should be running fine.

    Originally posted by RockChalkJayhawk View Post
    Then when I try to run MACS, I only get the help screen.
    Well, that's exactly how MACS works! :-)
    No options -> help printed
    You will need to specify your options to get some results (i.e. at least the "treatment" file).

    d

    Comment

    • RockChalkJayhawk
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 192

      #3
      I did give it options
      ~/Desktop/MACS$ macs s_7_output.bed --wig

      The bed file is in the MACS directory

      Comment

      • dawe
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 258

        #4
        Originally posted by RockChalkJayhawk View Post
        I did give it options
        ~/Desktop/MACS$ macs s_7_output.bed --wig

        The bed file is in the MACS directory
        you need to specify the treatment with the -t option, i.e.

        Code:
        macs -t s_7_output.bed
        d

        Comment

        • RockChalkJayhawk
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 192

          #5
          wow...I am stupid.

          That's what I get for doing any work on Mondays.

          Thanks d. It's running now

          Comment

          • dawe
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 258

            #6
            Nevermind :-)

            After all I also think that monday is not a good day to work... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCsbnW91CGc

            :-)

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            11 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            34 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            28 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            48 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...