• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAQ error

I am using MAQ 0.7.1 and I recently encountered a weird errors:

-- maq-0.7.1
    [ma_load_reads] loading reads...
    [ma_load_reads] set length of the first read as 35.
    [ma_load_reads] 17547636*2 reads loaded.
    [ma_longread2read] encoding reads... maq: read.cc:106: match_info_t* ma_longread2read(const longreads_t*): Assertion `matches' failed.

I double checked that both query data and database data were OK. Any insight is appreciated.

I also got this error. Did you ever work out what was going wrong?

Comment

maybe you are loading too many reads at the same time?

from the maq's user manual:

"The best way to run this command is to provide about 1 to 3 million reads as input. More reads consume more memory"

I suggest that you split the file in smaller sets of 1 to 3 million reads as suggested. I've done it and it works faster and safer.

Comment

I got around the problem by increasing the memory to 16 Gigs.

Comment

So, it is memory usage problem then? Interesting though as the developer claimed that we do NOT need to split file, which I always did in the past.

Comment

I got around the problem by increasing the memory to 16 Gigs.
            How did you increase the memory? I don't see any parameters to modify that?

I am very interested in this solution because I have encountered this error before and in past times I was able to get past this error by reducing the number of reads I was aligning, say, from 2M to 1M. In this case, I have dropped the number of reads as low as 750,000 and still the error persists.

Comment

I think I just specified that the job should be allowed more memory when submitting to our cluster.

Comment

I too got the similar error.

But surprisingly when i am feeding the single read input file (.bfq) of size 2.9 GB of each read 75 bp, its running sucessfully with MAQ but when i am giving the input file (.bfq) of size 3.0 GB (each read 75 bp), i am getting the error:

-- maq-0.7.1
                [ma_load_reads] loading reads...
                [ma_load_reads] set length of the first read as 75.
                [ma_load_reads] 82785673*2 reads loaded.
                [ma_longread2read] encoding reads... maq: read.cc:106: match_info_t* ma_longread2read(const longreads_t*): Assertion `matches' failed.
                Aborted

I am pretty sure there is no memory problem , as i am using 64 GB RAM

I will greatly appreciate if someone can help me out to tackle this.

Comment

To my previous post i would like to add that......i had already successfully match this big size reads data once before with MAQ and even i have got the output as .map files, so i am pretty sure, size of reads and the memory is not the constrain to be pointed out. Still i am running the Maq with input of 2.9 GB of reads files (.bfq) having length read 75 bp each, which is processing perfectly.

Comment

Phred-like quality value

What does the following sentence mean?
                    "Over all the raw reads, the average Phred-like quality value at base 80 was Q26.6 and the average base position at which this declined below Q30 was 69.7."

How can I use maq to get Phred-like quality value?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses