No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparative ChIP-Seq

Hey all,

Does anyone have a script that I can use to correlate 2 ChIP-Seq experiments?

I want to compare the correlations before and after I write a program to normalize the data to total tag counts.

For example,

In File1.txt I have:
    chr1 1000 2000 23
    chr1 2000 3000 15

In File2.txt I have:
    chr1 1000 2000 10
    chr2 5000 6000 2

where the first column is the chromID, col2 is the start, col3 is the end, and col4 is the number of hits in that bin.

I want to build an XY scatterplot between the two samples, but I have to match both the chromID and the start site for the X and Y coordinates. Some scores are in File1.txt but not File2.txt and vice versa.

Ideally the file would look like:
    chr1 1000 2000 23 10
    chr1 2000 3000 15 0
    chr2 5000 6000 0 2 Where col4 is the count from File1.txt and col 5 is the count from File2.txt

Any ideas???
    Last edited by RockChalkJayhawk; 09-03-2009, 05:48 AM.

In a way, I have this in FindPeaks 4.0.x - it's just not as simple as you've laid it out here.

I don't do a "binned" approach either - and the file formats require you to have access to the raw data - not just peak calls. it does create png scatterplots, though.

If that's not too far from what you're looking for, i can point you in the right direction.
    The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by apfejes View Post
      In a way, I have this in FindPeaks 4.0.x - it's just not as simple as you've laid it out here.

I don't do a "binned" approach either - and the file formats require you to have access to the raw data - not just peak calls. it does create png scatterplots, though.

If that's not too far from what you're looking for, i can point you in the right direction.
      Thanks Anthony. I'll take a look.

Comment

NextGENe has a comparator for what you wish to do

Comment

SeqMonk will allow you to do this kind of thing (but again, working from the raw data not your binned summary). You can create a series of bins, quantitate within each one (even adjusting for different total read counts) and then either export a matched dataset, or filter out bins of interest based on their quantitated counts. You can also plot out the distribution of counts across all bins or compare distributions with a BoxWhisker plot.

Comment

Working...
          X