Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeremy
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 190

    #1

    BGI EasyGenomics cloud computing

    Seems like BGI have set up a cloud based NGS analysis website (www.easygenomics.com) somewhat resembling how Galaxy works. For the moment it appears to be free, but I can't find much information on what you can actually do with it or how user friendly it is.

    Has anyone tried it yet and what do you think of it?
  • adaptivegenome
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2009
    • 436

    #2
    Broad has a cool cloud solution: www.genomespace.com

    Comment

    • Jeremy
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 190

      #3
      I gave BGI a try, I guess it is still very early in beta because there wasn't any instructions, although it was pretty intuitive. I ran into a pretty big problem though, I tried a small de novo assembly and about a few hours into running it reported that there was an error, but doesn't give any error report or any information about it. In addition the site doesn't say what program they are using. I wouldn't write them off yet, since it a pretty new site.

      I do think it is really good that large cloud computing pipelines like this are getting set up though.

      Comment

      • Jeremy
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 190

        #4
        Originally posted by adaptivegenome View Post
        Broad has a cool cloud solution: www.genomespace.com
        That's an odd site, the email address didn't work for me either.

        Comment

        • RCJK
          Senior Member
          • May 2009
          • 156

          #5
          Try this:

          Comment

          • Harley76
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2016
            • 1

            #6
            Seems like BGI have set up a cloud based NGS analysis website (aws vs azure) somewhat resembling how Galaxy works. For the moment it appears to be free, but I can't find much information on what you can actually do with it or how user friendly it is.

            Has anyone tried it yet and what do you think of it?



            I have also facing problems with my email.
            No ideas yet but I'll let you know if I found anything about it.

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Yesterday, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            10 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            32 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            48 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...