No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paparazzi

dear all,
    anyone of you have used this software (Paparazzi) to reconstruct viral genome from short reads?
    I have this message coming out when I try to run it:

[user1@netlab01:~/data_from_testuser1/paparazzi_new_version]$ paparazzi ./paparazzi_conf_file.txt
    P1B_clipped GPGV
    Creating target directories
    Filtering host-derived reads
    Could not locate a Bowtie index corresponding to basename "path_to_reference_genome_bowtie_library_including_library_basename"
    Command: bowtie -v 0 --threads 4 --solexa-quals --quiet --un ../filtered/P1B_clipped_unmatched.fq path_to_reference_genome_bowtie_library_including_library_basename /home/user1/data_from_testuser1/LIBRERIE_OTTOBRE/P1B/P1B_clipped.fq
    Died at /home/user1/bin/paparazzi line 80, <$fh> line 1.
    thanks for help

Hi- I know nothing about Paparazzi but it looks like Bowtie cannot find the index file path_to_reference_genome_bowtie_library_including_library_basename

Are you sure "path_referenence..." is exactly the basename of the index? It looks more like the name of a variable or some comment string. Try posting also the content of ./paparazzi_conf_file.txt

Good luck!
    Dario

Comment

hi Dario,
      thanks for your reply, here http://carla.saleh.free.fr/software/paparazzi.html you can find the documentation of this software, about your suggestion the basename of my index is vitis and in the line 8 of the script I have already changed the path for the my host genome (vitis). The building of bowtie library by bowtie-build command it seems ok. I'm sending you also the paparazzi script so you can see if there is something wrong. I'm a poor biologist so I don't know if I did in exact way!
      thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi- In the script you sent the reference genome seems to be on line 8
        Code:
        $reference_host_lib = '/home/user1/data_from_testuser1/paparazzi_new_version/bowtie_lib/vitis/vitis.';
        While the is no string matching "path_to_reference_genome_bowtie_library_including_library_basename"

If anything, paparazzi/bowtie should complain about not finding /home/user1/data_from_testuser1/paparazzi_new_version/bowtie_lib/vitis/vitis.

Are you sure this is the script that generated the error you posted?

EDIT:

I think you are running the script dowloaded from http://carla.saleh.free.fr/software/paparazzi where indeed there is on line 8 $reference_host_lib = 'path_to_reference_genome_bowtie_library_including_library_basename';

Comment

hi,
          you are right but if you take a look at the documentation file of paparazzi(point 3-Installation) you can see that they indicate to change in the script line 8 entering "the absolute path for the host genome bowtie library, including the basename"

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
          • seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:35 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
          0 responses