X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpryan
    replied
    Originally posted by 11xinqi View Post
    What you do mean about starting a new thread. would you please talk a little bit more?
    That means to post a new question (not a reply to a previous question) on this forum, giving details about the commands you used.

Leave a comment:

• 11xinqi
    replied
    Originally posted by dpryan View Post
    The cause of your issue will be completely different. Please start a new thread.
    What you do mean about starting a new thread. would you please talk a little bit more?

Leave a comment:

• dpryan
    replied
    Originally posted by 11xinqi View Post
    Hi, Azazel, have you figure out what is the problem about transcripts with only one exon? I kind of met such problem. In my case, I used tophat + cufflinks to detect the differential expression. I have 3000 differentially expressed genes. 2800 genes of them are single-exon genes. The other 200 genes are multiple-exons gene.

If you know why cufflinks give out so many one exon transcript, please tell me . thank you
    The cause of your issue will be completely different. Please start a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• 11xinqi
    replied
    Originally posted by Azazel View Post
    I have a problem with cufflinks, all the transcripts which I assemble always consist of just one exon in the resulting GTF file!

I started with fasta files, aligned them with BLAT. Converted the output to bed12. Converted the bed12 to bam with bamToBed of samtools, and sorted.

Then I used cufflinks and get a GTF file. In that GTF file, the assembled transcripts look good, but each transcript is just one exon long: there is no intron-exon structure, altough it *is* still in the bed12 file, and there are no alternative splicing pathways generated.

I am a beginner with cufflinks. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi, Azazel, have you figure out what is the problem about transcripts with only one exon? I kind of met such problem. In my case, I used tophat + cufflinks to detect the differential expression. I have 3000 differentially expressed genes. 2800 genes of them are single-exon genes. The other 200 genes are multiple-exons gene.

If you know why cufflinks give out so many one exon transcript, please tell me . thank you

Leave a comment:

• dpryan
    replied
    All of the splicing information would get lost in the process of converting to BED format. There's no possible way that pipeline could ever not produce only single-exon loci.

Leave a comment:

• AJenkins
    replied
    I am having this same problem, is there any reason why?

Leave a comment:

• Amative
    replied
    Hi Azazel, were you able to figure out you problem ?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Azazel
    started a topic [cufflinks] every transcript is only one exon

[cufflinks] every transcript is only one exon

I have a problem with cufflinks, all the transcripts which I assemble always consist of just one exon in the resulting GTF file!

I started with fasta files, aligned them with BLAT. Converted the output to bed12. Converted the bed12 to bam with bamToBed of samtools, and sorted.

Then I used cufflinks and get a GTF file. In that GTF file, the assembled transcripts look good, but each transcript is just one exon long: there is no intron-exon structure, altough it *is* still in the bed12 file, and there are no alternative splicing pathways generated.

I am a beginner with cufflinks. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Azazel; 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM. Reason: typos

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses