Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • narges
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 29

    #1

    gene_exp.diff file from different versions of cuffdiff

    Hi all,
    Regarding my question I have found another threads but it could not help and I really need your help because my work deadline is approaching soon.
    I have an rna-seq dataset (6 samples for each labels) and I should announce differentially expressed genes.
    Since my read sequence length is very short (read length = 36), we decided to use tophat version 1 instead of version 2 or the newest one (now I am not sure whether my decision was true or not?)
    Then I applied cuffdiff over the bam output file from tophat (I did not run cufflinks since in the manual it is mentioned that there is no need to run it if I only need the differentially expressed genes without any intentions to find new genes). First I used cuffdiff version 2 but I got very few numbers of DEgenes so my college offered to apply cuffdiff version 2 which he believes is less restrict. Below are the results in gene_exp.diff file:

    with cufflinks/2.0.2 :
    30 DE genes (those which have pvalue <0.01)
    status:
    fail 116
    lowdata 122
    notest 10789
    ok 12228

    with cuflinks cufflinks/1.3.0 and additive parameters: cuffdiff -c 0 -u (I used this version plus these parameters to make cuffdiff less restrict):
    74 DE genes
    fail 4050
    lowdata 104
    notest 2618
    ok 16513

    Now first I want to know if you think it was a correct decision to use tophat version 1 due to the short reads and second do you have any suggestion to which cuffdiff result should I announce or if you have any advice to get more reliable result.
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
9 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
47 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...