X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bioinfosm
    replied
    Yes it is interesting...I am eagerly waiting to hear back
    NextGENe demo talk was impressive - they have a way to somewhat assemble the reads and use the longer contigs to align to reference - irons out errors

CLC video was interesting as well .. but click click interface! how well does it work for core labs?

Leave a comment:

• Sujai
    replied
    CLC Genomics Workbench released

I just heard from the CLC Bio sales rep that the Genomics Workbench has been released.

Welcome to QIAGEN Digital Insights LabCorp uses QCI and HGMD to improve identification and interpretation of genetic variants within inhereited diseases.Read...

This page has links to their user manuals - which look good. If they do what they say on the box, then I can imagine lots of people would be happy to pay up a bit even though it is not a published/open-source system.

I've asked for an evaluation copy and will post a review over here for everyone if I get it soon.

- Sujai

Leave a comment:

• BaCh
    replied
    Originally posted by Torst View Post
    The recent version of MIRA claims to be able to perform a true hybrid assembly of sequences from Sanger, 454-FLX, and Illumina. We are still assessing it. See http://chevreux.org/projects_mira.html
    Hybrid yes, but not de-novo of Solexa at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Torst
    replied
    The recent version of MIRA claims to be able to perform a true hybrid assembly of sequences from Sanger, 454-FLX, and Illumina. We are still assessing it. See http://chevreux.org/projects_mira.html

Leave a comment:

• ScottC
    replied
    Yes, I'm waiting for that too... I hope it's as good as they're saying it will be. The initial release is supposedly able to do de novo assemblies on all sanger, illumina and 454 data, which would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• ECO
    started a topic CLC Genomics Workbench

CLC Genomics Workbench

Hasn't been released yet, should be interesting to see. I will definitely be signing up for a trial.

Welcome to QIAGEN Digital Insights LabCorp uses QCI and HGMD to improve identification and interpretation of genetic variants within inhereited diseases.Read...

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
    by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
    02-08-2024, 06:33 AM
  • seqadmin
    The 3D Genome: New Technologies and Emerging Insights
    by seqadmin

The study of three-dimensional (3D) genomics explores the spatial structure of genomes and their role in processes like gene expression and DNA replication. By employing innovative technologies, researchers can study these arrangements to discover their role in various biological processes. Scientists continue to find new ways in which the organization of DNA is involved in processes like development1 and disease2.

Basic Organization and Structure
    Understanding...
    01-22-2024, 03:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:52 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin