No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popoolation2 mpileup2sync error

Hello,

I have been trying to convert a mpileup format file to a sync file for usage in the population genetics program Popoolation2. However whenever I attempt this, I get an error saying:
    [rahul@__folder]$ perl ~/popoolation2/mpileup2sync.pl --fastq-type sanger --input NEWsed-Ii.Is.mpileup --output NEWsed-Ii.Is.sync

Use of uninitialized value $rc in uc at /home/rahul/popoolation2/Modules/Pileup. pm line 43, <$ifh> line 1.
    Argument "$^DM-^B^OM-X^$tM-:M-S" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /home/rahul /popoolation2/Modules/Pileup.pm line 87, <$ifh> line 2.
    Argument "KM-|BM-^IM-XM-0M-lM-F^ZM-AU(_M-ybM-^Gf^ZM-^H^FM-^\M-^OXM-c..." isn't n umeric in numeric eq (==) at /home/rahul/popoolation2/Modules/Pileup.pm line 87, <$ifh> line 2.
    Argument "_M-yyM-hl^UM-JW?M-PM-,)M-VM-,p^'M-^G^U^M-c@3M-v-kM-$U&^_..." isn't num eric in numeric eq (==) at /home/rahul/popoolation2/Modules/Pileup.pm line 87, < $ifh> line 2.
    Argument "DM-^Y^\^POX/M-FM-^F)M-NM-KM-d\0xM-^]^N1M-RM-{rM-^A;%6GM-<..." isn't nu meric in numeric eq (==) at /home/rahul/popoolation2/Modules/Pileup.pm line 87, <$ifh> line 2.
    Argument "M-eM-H:bM-OfM-vM-HwM-NM-5M-XM-9fdM-^G^\7CT;_M-#M-^M-9M-...." isn't num eric in numeric eq (==) at /home/rahul/popoolation2/Modules/Pileup.pm line 87, < $ifh> line 2.
    ****ed entry b0M*()Jr@Ú|@¤1

2D(.*Á~ñ ¢AÈSV.NÌ-ÉÏÏ)K-*Z`k*g¨gh¡*QdiadediªÉŦè9ÿBC2 µ}àfGqß 8tH $Ø^$tºÓ N5@Æ`ãfBHb'N0`Ó
    M5Í6`lÜè½÷Þ{oò̾Ý}»ï;o¿/:!tE¿Ùé³³ûfÙÛÛûà9¯Ùÿ<þãÐÞÝ÷öοì~ö
    ÜÃW,übÅPáß
    _9~#üØ»ì¢pÔÉÇÀ??TÂ]NùWjÇW|÷áõ«SðƦpb¥æp)áЫó+®ÂÉÃ}4ÂXã"âÙm®
    [Y7´ðo q~5¹ZAýH8{{óµra´zø¹èÀʪv}üz<gÐîáÕti6T°Ø¸Æ¿ODào_¾=Çßìpcð .6ØEµ¶¬¡Úü¾U®ìÈö+ûv©P*´3*
    ze£ßW
    ˶vMüNÕÉ=7@Àïv¬ìæAvßÛV¿¿ÕÑÖ,ìø9ØKCÛãü¨d¬Ì<
    ¬y¯}*Y G×ÊGêz~Ä:"ùø±a ò1åòpôòèRùjY"á5jy¥jc4Cg^ _ùyèlÊW?Ь)Ö¬p^'^ã@3ö-k¤U&·^ci¸¦J>¯ÙÁ2]ßÍäPß]ë@3®X
    xbª¹¬¯¿ý
    ¶×L£XØ·½f7Ü9âI\7*âþ*×t'¯ =×Áí¹nì
    åÈ:bÏfögï<ÏÜ®C3ñÄÍòÌiØcc?sîö£ë°GúĨuXO±±w=o{ëiì¯o½WhõÎß:â¶Ú·ß:µZ)wØÚzZí#[×=*sÛ
    èwnágí| :j DºÅ|Éú±wÇ*í±u§{ÜìÁEÛÛcã®ÃÅë;à
    Ý¿´ÄÛ(WÓúË:ðè8F ܹ£EOë>á¸KÝj¥O`îZã×£ÎØîÖq at /home/rahul/popoolation2/Modu les/Pileup.pm line 50, <$ifh> line 2.
    Or if I try the java version, I get:
    $ java -jar ~/popoolation2/mpileup2sync.jar --fastq-type sanger --input NEWsed-Ii.Is.mpileup --output NEW-Ii.Is.sync

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An error occured during parsing of the mpileup;
    Please make sure you are a.) using the correct encoding and b.) using the correc t mpileup format
    at BatchProcessor.processBatch(BatchProcessor.java:43)
    at Mpileup2SyncFramework.run(Mpileup2SyncFramework.java:55)
    at CommandLineParser.parseArguments(CommandLineParser.java:67)
    at Mpileup2syncMain.main(Mpileup2syncMain.java:17)
    I have verified the encoding of my files and have also fixed headers (for GATK). The data is from a HiSeq 2000 with Sanger Illumina1.9 encoding. Is there any way to fix this?

Any help would be more than life saving!

I had this issue and was able to fix it by using a bam files that had been sorted and indexed in Samtools then run through Picard AddOrReplace prior to running the mpileup.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses