Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DRAT
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 4

    #1

    Removing overlapping genes from annotation for RNAseq read count

    Hello,

    I am trying to prepare a read count table for DESeq using EasyRNAseq package in R. I followed the vignette and used ensembl.gtf file as my annotation. After constructing my read count table I get warnings about overlapping genes and counting reads more than once but I am not sure how to modify my annotation to avoid it. The manual only mentions that computed gene models can be extracted from created RNAseq object and that overlapping loci should be removed without specifying how to do it. I am able to extract gene models but I am not sure how to correctly process it before re-running the function. Could anyone please give me some advice on how to fix this annotation in R?

    I attached the code I used to generate my read count table below:

    read.count <-easyRNASeq(format='bam',readLength=50L, organism="Mmusculus", chr.sizes="auto", annotationMethod="gtf", annotationFile="mm9.ensgene.gtf", count="genes", summarization="geneModels", filesDirectory=getwd(), filenames=c("NI_A_accepted_hits.bam","NI_B_accepted_hits.bam","DEX_A_accepted_hits.bam", "DEX_B_accepted_hits.bam","GW_A_accepted_hits.bam", "GW_B_accepted_hits.bam", "DEX_GW_A_accepted_hits.bam", "DEX_GW_B_accepted_hits.bam"), conditions=conditions, outputFormat="RNASeq")

    To get gene models I used: geneModels <- geneModel(read.count) but I am stack at this point and I cannot find a way to remove overlapping features. I tried disjoin function but it gives an error: "Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable) : unable to find an inherited method for function "disjoin", for signature "RangedData" "

    Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
  • eszter.ari
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 8

    #2
    Take a look at our read counter tool that does not count read-pairs mapped to the same-strand overlapping part of genes: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=134850

    Comment

    • TiborNagy
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 329

      #3
      You can use bedtools merge to collapse the overlapping regions in mm9.ensgene.gtf

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      8 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      31 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      47 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...