Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeakSeq

Anyone has used Peakseq tool for chip-seq experiments?
    How to run the parallel version of compile.py? I get to see the following error when I try to run as below inside the directory where all *.fa files are saved for hg18 build without PBS mode.

python ../ParallelCompile.py 36
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "../ParallelCompile.py", line 2, in ?
    import sys, glob, re, subprocess, os, nws.sleigh, time
    ImportError: No module named nws.sleigh
    python version is 2.4.3
    Last edited by seq_GA; 10-04-2009, 11:38 PM.

Originally posted by seq_GA View Post
    Anyone has used Peakseq tool for chip-seq experiments?
    How to run the parallel version of compile.py? I get to see the following error when I try to run as below inside the directory where all *.fa files are saved for hg18 build without PBS mode.

python version is 2.4.3
    Never used Peakseq but it seems you are missing a standard python distribution. Also, check the minimum python version as subprocess module should be part of python 2.5+

d

Comment

Hi D, Thx for your response.

Is there any HOWTO document for this tool? I have downloaded Mappability Map code and chip-seq scoring (perl code) from http://www.gersteinlab.org/proj/PeakSeq/.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by dawe View Post
        Also, check the minimum python version as subprocess module should be part of python 2.5+
        The subprocess module was included in Python 2.4 onwards, but I agree, check the version of Python they expect you to have.

The nws.sleigh import error means you are lacking a 3rd party Python library, in this case NetWorkSpaces for Python:

Double check you have installed all the documented dependencies...

Comment

Hi all,
          Has anyone used Peakseq for chipseq data analysis. Can anyone suggest which eland alignment file (export/sorted) Peakseq accepts.
          Does anyone knows how to convert eland alignment files (export/sorted) to s*_eland_extended.txt or s*_eland_results.txt format.
          Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi, Bioinfo,
            I use bowtie for alignment. You can use samtools to convert different formats of alignments. Here is what I did. Best, ldong

Comment

Hi ldong,

I am also having problems running PeakSeq. I checked your website but still have some questions.
              I downloaded the mappability.txt file for mouse. I also tried to create the mappability file but the "compile.py" script run in the directory containing the .fa files just throws the following error:

usage compile.py <merlen>
              what is this merlen parameter about?

in the website you mention, you use a config.txt file in step_3, did you create it yourself??
              Also, is the create_signal_map_new1.pl script included in the PeakSeq installation? or is it part of the modifications you comment at the beginning of the webpage?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi, dnusol,
                merlen is the length of your reads. compile.py uses the number to get a piece of sequence of that length and map back to genome to see if there are same sequence elsewhere. So if your read length is 36bp, you should call the command:
                compile.py 36

Yes, I made up the config.txt file to make it easier to run the software. All perl scipts with new.pl were modified based on the original ones. Hope his helps. Ldong
                Last edited by ldong; 11-02-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks Ldong for your quick answer. Just two more questions (I hope!)
                  Do you know what the SGR files needed by score_hits_PolII.pl are?
                  and is it possible to use Bowtie-aligned reads without modifying the script?

Comment

Ok. The sgr files created by creat_signial.pl will be used by score_hits.pl to look for potential peaks. The original creat_signal.pl read eland output, you need modify it to read bowtie output. It is very easy, just change:
                    while (<IN>) {
                    chomp;

my ($t1, $seq, $map, $t3, $t4, $t5, $chrt, $pos, $str, @rest) = split /\t/, $_;
                    my $read_length = length $seq;

if ($str eq "F") {
                    $data{$pos} += 1;
                    $data{$pos+$L} += -1;
                    }
                    elsif ($str eq "R") {
                    my $start = $pos + $read_length - $L;
                    $start = 1 if ($start < 1);
                    my $stop = $pos + $read_length;
                    $data{$start} += 1;
                    $data{$stop} += -1;
                    }
                    else {
                    print "PROBLEM\n";
                    }
                    }

close IN;

to:

while (<IN>) {
                    chomp;
                    my ($t1, $str, $t3, $pos, $seq, @rest) = split /\t/, $_;
                    my $read_length = length $seq;

if ($str eq "+") {
                    $data{$pos} += 1;
                    $data{$pos+$L} += -1;
                    }
                    elsif ($str eq "-") {
                    my $start = $pos + $read_length - $L;
                    $start = 1 if ($start < 1);
                    my $stop = $pos + $read_length;
                    $data{$start} += 1;
                    $data{$stop} += -1;
                    }
                    else {
                    print "PROBLEM\n";
                    }
                    }

close IN;
                    Let me if it is not clear.

Comment

PeakSeq - need some help

Hi,
                      I am not from the area of bio-informatics, yet I need to learn how to run PeakSeq.
                      so I have some basic questions:
                      I went to this website

and I am trying to use PeakSeq evrsion 1.1
                      I don't understand what is the relation between the .fa files and the mappability map text file.
                      How do I get the .fa files and what do I do with it? according to the README file, the program should
                      get as an argument a mappability map text file, and there is no mentioning of .fa files.
                      So what should I do?

Thanks (I hope)

Comment

Hi, AL_B,
                        My understand is that the script, compile.py reads all the and .fa files, and extract many short sequences with length of 'merlen", then map the short sequences back to the fa files, so that the software know if a certain sequence shows up in other places. The results are saved in file mappablility.txt. So you need generator new mappablity file for different read length. Hope this helps.

Comment

PeakSeq - need some help

Thank you so much for your fast reply.
                          I have another question.
                          Do you know some message "for reading.n chr_id_list.txt" message?
                          This is some output that I am getting when I am running the second part of PeakSeq
                          ./PeakSeq -peak_select config.dat

Comment

Originally posted by ldong View Post
                            Hi, AL_B,
                            My understand is that the script, compile.py reads all the and .fa files, and extract many short sequences with length of 'merlen", then map the short sequences back to the fa files, so that the software know if a certain sequence shows up in other places. The results are saved in file mappablility.txt. So you need generator new mappablity file for different read length. Hope this helps.
                            Hi,
                            I have short sequence data of various read lengths for eg: 43bp,51bp and 52 bp. Do I need to generate the new mappibilty files for individual read lengths or can I use 50 bp as read length and use it for everything .

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                            • seqadmin
                              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                            0 responses